Tomato Basil Soup Recipe
Warm up with this comforting homemade creamy tomato basil soup recipe! It’s super simple to make and so delicious compared to its premade canned version. Our team loves making this on a cold and rainy day. It’s a perfect recipe with little effort.
Tomato Basil Soup
yield: 9 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 20 MINUTES
Make this tomato basil soup with a few ingredients for a rainy day!
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 – 28oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 can – 14oz. chicken or vegetable broth
- 15 leaves of fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar (more or less depending on acidity of tomatoes)
- 3/4 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- optional: Grated parmesan cheese for garnish
If you whip up a batch of this soup, keep it warm in a slow cooker until dinner. My kids love dipping grilled cheese sandwiches into tomato soup, and they really enjoyed this version!