11 Ways to Find At Home Workouts For Free | Stream Classes from Orange Theory, Peloton, & More!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Prioritize your health and fitness with these FREE at home workouts!
It’s always important to stay healthy and keep your body active, but some people, myself included, aren’t big fans of going to the gym. If you’re looking for an effective workout that can be done from home, we’re sharing 11 ways that you can stay fit and get in shape for FREE!
Some people are interested in fitness but aren’t sure they’re comfortable working out in front of others or aren’t ready to commit to a gym membership, and that’s OKAY! Whether you aren’t looking to invest in a gym membership or are just getting started on your fitness journey, these ideas will keep you moving without breaking the bank.
Here are some of the best ways to break a sweat and find at home workouts… for free!
1. Do some free HIIT at home workouts.
Your body weight can make for some really great high-intensity interval training workouts. Don’t let that long word scare you—if you have just 30 minutes (or less), HIIT workouts are a tried and true approach to getting in your daily exercise and finishing quickly!
Here is one HIIT workout that you can try:
- Butt Kicks — 45 seconds
- Jump Squats — 45 seconds
- Burpees — 45 seconds
- Mountain Climbers — 45 seconds
- Alternating Side Lunges — 45 seconds
- Jumping Lunges — 45 seconds
- Forearm Plank — 20-second hold
Repeat this set 3-5 times.
2. Stream free fitness videos on Amazon.
If you’re an Amazon Prime Member (if not, go here to sign up for a free 30-day trial!), you can stream thousands of workout classes with your Prime membership, including Pilates, Zumba, kickboxing, and many more. The best part is that some of them are free!
As an idea, here are some ways to workout for FREE w/ these videos offered on Amazon Prime:
3. Find free workout channels on YouTube.
Whether you’re looking for strength-training workouts, fat burners, yoga moves, dance routines, or step aerobics, there’s a YouTube channel waiting for you with FREE at home workouts.
Here are some of the most popular YouTube channels to try:
- Holly Dolke – You’ll find short exercise videos targeting different areas of the body from arms to abs to nutrition tips.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga – These interactive adventures build strength, balance, and confidence while introducing kids to yoga and mindfulness.
- FitnessBlender – Features strength workouts done with bodyweight or adjustable dumbbells.
- Sean Vigue Fitness – They offer countless videos from yoga to LIIT (low-intensity interval training) to HITT.
- BodyRock – Focuses on high-intensity intervals, including a 30-day challenge with a video each day of the week. (Most videos are over 45 minutes long!).
- Blogilates – Features Pilates-inspired workouts done on a mat.
- Silver Sneakers – These fitness videos were designed for adults 65 and up.
- Yoga With Adriene – These free yoga videos are tailored to individuals of all experience levels and body types.
- Sydney Cummings – This channel offers workout series to keep you motivated and target area videos to give you just the workout you’re looking for.
4. Download fitness apps to work out for free at home.
If you have access to a mobile device, there are a LOT of Free Fitness Apps available in iTunes and Google Play that you can download for various workouts.
Try one of these to get you moving:
- Daily Workouts Lite (iOS or Google Play) – Targeting all major muscle groups, Daily Workouts Lite is a great 5- to 30-minute daily workout routine for men and women that steps you through some of the best exercises you can do in the comfort of your own home.
- 5 Minute Home Workouts (iOS or Google Play) – Don’t have the time or the willpower to work out? The 5 Minute Home Workouts App offers quick routines with timed rest and exercise periods to ensure workouts take no more than 5 minutes.
5. Check your cable TV channels.
Did you know that if you have On Demand programming as part of your cable TV package, you most likely have access to FREE exercise programs from Exercise TV? Exercise TV provides a wide range of exercise programs, including yoga, Pilates, stretching, walking, and strength training, along with abs and cardio workouts. There are programs for every fitness level from beginner to advanced.
6. Utilize the great outdoors – it’s free!
Throw on some sneakers and get outdoors! Getting some fresh air in those lungs and enjoying the outdoors can be great for both your physical and mental health. Studies show that getting outside, in general, can lead to lower blood pressure, fight depression, and even improve memory.
7. Use what you have at home… (including the kids)!
You can get a crazy good workout using things you already have at home, like canned goods, couches, stairs, jump ropes, chairs, hula hoops, and even your own babies and toddlers! 😄
Here are a few household item workout ideas:
- Stairs – These are great for running up and down or doing calf raises on the edge.
- Wall – Use any wall to do a timed wall sit…your thighs will love/hate you!
- Jump Ropes – Using a jump rope as intended will get your heart rate up!
- Broom – Lay a broom on the ground and jump over it side to side.
- Canned Goods – Use soup cans for shoulder presses.
- Hula Hoop – Place it on the ground and jump in and out of the hoop, going around the circle.
- Chair – Perfect for doing arm dips—your triceps will feel the burn!
- Kitchen Counter – Great for doing narrow pushups!
- Babies/Toddlers – Kids love being part of the exercise and they make great “weights”.
8. Try Beachbody On Demand for free.
If you’ve been thinking about trying Beachbody On Demand, now is a great time! For a limited time, you can score up to 60% off memberships and stream workout videos in the comfort of your own home, or give it a try for FREE for 14 days. Hop on over here for all the details.
9. Check out Orange Theory’s FREE at-home workout videos.
Orange Theory is known for its high-intensity (and highly motivating) in-gym workouts, but you can take the experience home by tuning into their FREE at-home workouts. Head to their website or download their mobile app to get your blood pumping without spending a dime!
10. Try the Peloton App free for up to 3 months – no bike required!
For a limited time, Peloton is offering new members (whether or not you own a Peleton bike or treadmill) access to its full library of classes for up to 3 months through the Peloton app (regularly $12.99/month)! In addition to cycling and running classes, you can also take a mix of yoga, meditation, stretching, cardio, and bodyweight strength training classes.
11. Utilize Get Healthy U TV’s premium annual membership for $1.99.
Get Healthy U TV offers a variety of workout videos, tons of recipes, support from their workout experts, and more. For a limited time, you can get their premium membership for only 79¢ for a FULL year, regularly $79! They also include a free newsletter, which you can enjoy even if you don’t have a membership. While it’s not necessarily free, it’s likely the cheapest you’ll pay for any paid workout app so you won’t want to pass up this savings opportunity!
These are the best workout apps for 2023!