Save Time & Money With Kroger Grocery Pickup (They Even Accept Paper Coupons!)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Have you used the amazing Kroger grocery pickup service yet?
Many retailers began offering curbside pickup during the coronavirus pandemic, and we’ve become especially big fans of this grocery shopping method at Kroger. Previously called “Kroger Clicklist,” Kroger Grocery Pickup is one of the few curbside services at major retailers that will allow you to use your paper coupons, so you’ll save both time and money!
New to Kroger Grocery Pickup?
If you’ve ever used a service like Instacart for grocery pickup, you know that you may pay more for your groceries due to markups. With Kroger Grocery Pickup, every item is priced the same whether you place your order online or shop inside the store.
Plus, grocery pickup is FREE on orders of $35 or more, and Kroger store employees do not accept tips, so it truly won’t cost you a penny more to shop this way! 🙌
Even better, Kroger accepts manufacturer’s coupons when you shop online! Just bring them with you when you come to pick up your groceries, and they’ll be deducted from your order.
Speaking of coupons, be sure to load Kroger’s digital coupons to your account from Kroger’s Digital Coupon page or the store’s mobile app. You can also use these to save money on your grocery pickup order! Just keep in mind that you cannot stack a digital store coupon with a manufacturer’s coupon.
Kroger Grocery Pickup also accepts SNAP benefits, so you can pay with an EBT card right from your car, too!
How does Kroger Grocery Pickup work?
- Choose your preferred store location on Kroger.com or in the Kroger app.
- Select your items and clip any applicable digital coupons. Note that Kroger’s digital coupons won’t be deducted from your total until you pick up your groceries.
- Choose a pickup date and a payment method at checkout.
- A Kroger associate will fulfill your order. If one of the items you ordered is out of stock, they will replace it with a similar or better product for the original (or lower) price.
- When it’s time to pick up your groceries, use the app to let the store know you’re on your way, and pull into one of the store’s designated pickup spots.
- Check-in on the app or call the number on the sign to let an associate know you’ve arrived.
- An associate will bring your order out, give you a chance to approve or decline their substitutions, and load your groceries into your car.
- At this time, you can hand over any paper coupons you have. The associate will take the coupons into the store, scan them, and come back with a revised receipt.
- If you’re paying with an EBT card, you’ll complete your transaction via a mobile point-of-sale system.
Note that this Kroger Grocery Pickup process is the same for other Kroger affiliates, including Fred Meyer, Ralph’s, and Smith’s.
One thing to keep in mind when placing a Kroger grocery pickup order is that the store’s new weekly ad goes live every Wednesday and your pickup order’s pricing is finalized when you pick up your order, not when you place it.
So if you place an order on Tuesday for pickup on Wednesday, make sure that you’re shopping the sales from the following week’s flyer for the lowest prices.