In this new video, I will share with you several different ways to calculate toilet paper price points. I will also reveal the qualities that I look for when I purchase toilet paper for my family and I will let you in on a little secret – my favorite brand of toilet paper. ;)
* Go here to watch the video.
Basic Toilet Paper Price Point Formula
* 25¢ per roll
* this formula does not account for 1-ply versus 2-ply versus 3-ply; however, I just double the price per roll for 2-ply (i.e. 50¢ per roll) and triple the price per roll for 3-ply (75¢ per roll)
Alternate Toilet Paper Price Point Formula
* Calculate the total square footage of the entire package (typically this is displayed in the bottom corner on the packaging). In my example above, the total square feet is 107.2.
* Move the decimal over 2 places to the left
* The amount that you are left with is the most that you should pay for this package
–> $1.07 or less