Homemade Paper Plate Easter Basket
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Looking for a fun and simple Easter craft?
We’ve got just the thing! Make this fun and functional Easter basket for a simple Easter weekend activity to do with the kiddos! And it’s so easy to do, too.
All you do it follow these quick and easy steps and make your own kid’s craft using something you probably have in your pantry right now– paper plates! Other items you need you also likely have on hand, like pipe cleaners and a stapler with staples.
Make your Own Homemade Paper Plate Easter Baskets
These baskets are so much fun, and using paper plates!
- Start by painting your plate contrasting colors if desired.
- Make four cuts a few inches in on each side of the plate.
- Fold up the sides and staple to secure.
- Twist two pipe cleaners together.
- Punch a hole on each side of the basket and secure pipe cleaners.
Now your homemade basket is ready to hold some Easter eggs or treats!
Kids get eggs-cited over these baskets!
Really, it’s such an easy and inexpensive idea, you could even invite neighbor kids over to make their own, too, and then host a fun Easter egg hunt right in your own backyard or living room. Whatever you do, it’s super simple and a fun way to get crafty with the kids!
Lina (firstname.lastname@example.org) loves cooking new recipes, thrift store shopping, and DIY home decor projects.
Looking for some more fun, delicious, and cool Easter ideas?
- Check out these cute things you can place in your Easter eggs besides candy!
- Make these pretty Mod Podge Easter eggs.
- Try these gag Easter egg hunt ideas to make the kids laugh.
- Dye your Easter Eggs with silk!
- Make this cute DIY Easter Egg Wreath!
- Create your own glow-in-the-dark Easter Eggs.
- Try this delicious bunny bait mix recipe!