Shop at Walmart? 🛒
If you’re a Walmart shopper, their Savings Catcher program and Walmart Pay are two great tools to ensure that you’re not paying too much for your purchases and can pay (and get receipts) easily. Specifically, Walmart’s Savings Catcher compares your receipts to advertised prices from top stores in your area and if it finds a lower advertised price, you’ll get the difference back in a Walmart eGift card!
Within one week after picking up your groceries, just enter your Walmart Grocery receipt into the Savings Catcher section on the Walmart mobile app. Your rewards are automatically transferred to a Savings Catcher eGift Card each time they’re earned, and the eGift Cards are automatically saved to your Walmart.com account. You can then use the rewards to shop both online or in-store.
NEW Changes to Savings Catcher…
Effective October 29th, 2018, Savings Catcher changed their accepted payment methods and Walmart Pay is now the only way to submit your receipt to Savings Catcher. Due to this change, the ability to scan paper receipts within the app or submit via desktop is now discontinued. However, this change will allow you to both submit and spend your Savings Catcher rewards within the same Walmart Pay experience.
Here’s how Savings Catcher works now:
Rather than scanning paper receipts using the Savings Catcher scanner after paying, you’ll simply create an eReceipt using the Walmart Pay scanner when paying. Here’s how:
- Enroll in Walmart Pay.
- Use Walmart Pay at checkout to create an eReceipt for submission:
- Open Walmart Pay and select credit, debit, or gift card.
- Use Walmart Pay to scan the QR code at the register to generate your eReceipt.
- Tap “Submit Receipt” directly from your Walmart Pay confirmation page or from your Savings Catcher dashboard on the Walmart app
What are the benefits of using Walmart Pay?
- One touch submissions: Submit your eReceipt before even leaving the store!
- Save time and space: Reduce wallet and purse hassles when you turn your phone into your secure mobile wallet.
- Store your purchase history: Find your past purchases in your Purchase History, easily reorder your essentials, or start a Mobile Express Return—all within the app!
- Print eReceipts for cash back apps: Select a purchase from your Purchase History, share, and print from your phone or email yourself your eReceipt. Then submit for cash back apps like Ibotta and Checkout51.
What do you think? Does this change the way you shop Walmart?