This Lap Desk Has Been a Total Game-Changer & It’s Under $25!
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Save earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
A lap desk will up your working from home game.
I’m sharing how one of my new favorite products has drastically improved how I work from home! If you’re someone who loves to work somewhere besides your desk, you’re going to love this game changer! It’s the best invention ever!
I was recently at my Hip sidekick’s house, and stashed away in her gorgeous office were two lap desks… one of which she let me borrow for the day. I have never even heard of such a thing!
Needless to say, as I sat on the couch in her office, I typed my little heart out all day long while using this thing and loved every second of it! I couldn’t stop telling Amber how obsessed I was with the whole idea of it. 🤣
Before I knew it, I had forgotten what life was like without one! 😍
It wasn’t long after leaving her house I started researching one to buy and that’s when I stumbled upon the Sophia + Sam Lap Desk on Amazon.
Score this awesome deal on Amazon!
Sophia + Sam Lap Desk
Note that this lap desk is fulfilled by and sold by a third-party seller, Birdrock Home.
I’m not your traditional worker. I get very antsy at a desk and like to move around my house – from couch to dining room, to floor, literally wherever! Embarrassingly enough, there are even days I just want to work from my bed.
…I’m sure you’re thinking, why is it so great?! 🤔
Just to give you a visual of what I was working with before (if I wasn’t on a flat surface like a desk or counter), I would typically use a big book (super uncomfortable on my legs) or a pillow to prop up my laptop… until it would overheat and force me to move, of course. 😅 (You know you’ve been there too. LOL! 😉)
Well, here are all the amazing perks of my new Sophia + Sam Lap Desk:
- It’s super comfortable! The bottom of the lap desk is made of memory foam so it forms to your body no matter how you’re sitting!
- It’s more ergonomic. After using it a couple of times, I noticed the foam has a slight tilt to it so it naturally creates a better position for your eyes and arms if you’re using it on a flat surface like your dining room table.
- It’s huge & flat. It goes without saying this lap desk is far better than using a pillow or a book on your lap, but there’s even plenty of room for a larger laptop up to 17″ (I have a 13″) or adding other accessories while you work like your mouse, phone, remote control, etc.
- My wrists no longer hurt. By the end of the week, my poor working habits were creating some discomfort in my wrists, but not anymore since I opted for the lap desk with gel-foam wrist rest!
- The wrist rest is versatile. Speaking of how awesome this aspect is, the wrist rest also keeps my laptop from slipping so if I’m sitting cross-legged it won’t slip down – it stays perfectly in place!
- It’s easily portable. It’s super convenient to carry around with a durable handle.
- It’s easy to charge my computer. Before I was being inconvenienced when my laptop needed charging. It definitely wasn’t functional when propping it up with a pillow, so this lap desk made it so much easier and I can charge in the same spot I’m enjoying for the time being.
- It’s aesthetically pleasing. I love neutral colors so this matte black style was perfect for my taste and won’t be a nuisance if you like to keep your home neutral too.
- It’s versatile. Even when I’m not using this lap desk, it’s great for my daughter to use for coloring, my older boys to do homework on the floor, among many other possibilities!
- You can even order one with a light! While I didn’t think it would be functional for my working environment, if you see yourself doing lots of nighttime reading with this lap desk, you can spend just a few dollars more to add a handy USB light too!
Needless to say, I love, love, LOVE this lap desk and cannot imagine living without it now! It has made daily work so much more comfortable and versatile as I navigate my job here at Hip!