I LOVE My Eufy Doorbell + There Are NO Monthly Fees! Here’s My Honest Review…
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Shopping for a video doorbell is overwhelming.
If you’re here, it’s likely because you are struggling to find the perfect doorbell for your home’s security or you’re just curious what the benefits are. After a few months of using my eufy Security video doorbell, I’m excited to share my ongoing experience with you!
It’s going to be totally worth your while, save you money in the long haul (compared to other doorbells on the market), and it’ll be sure to give you that peace of mind you’re looking for. 🙌
Side note, this is NOT a sponsored post. I love this product and had to share!
I’ve always wanted a fancy video doorbell.
In fact, I’ve even written about two other popular brands (the Ring & Nest Doorbells – and listed all the pros and cons), but one thing I always told myself is I work from home every day. Therefore, I could never justify the upfront cost or the monthly fee that comes with them.
How silly of me to think that way! 🤦♀️
It wasn’t until our neighbors across the street started getting an extensive amount of work done on their home by some local construction workers with a notoriously bad rep that made me start to rethink my mindset. When I realized these local construction workers would be camping out for weeks (now months) on end and even late at night, it put a fire under my butt to gain more peace of mind.
So I reached out to my Hip sidekick, Emily, who I knew was also in the market. After extensive research, she knew the eufy doorbell was going to be her top pick.
The FREE storage is what ultimately sold me. 🙌 (and I trust Emily 😉)
When it comes to my family’s safety, all frugalness goes out the window so I didn’t wait for a eufy Doorbell sale on Amazon (which does happen pretty frequently), and instead, I scooped mine up at Best Buy. Luckily, I was even able to get same-day curbside pick-up! Woohoo!
Here are the features that drew me to the eufy doorbell:
- 2K WDR resolution – so we can see visitors very clearly.
- NO MONTHLY FEES – and even stores video footage for up to 30 days!
- Works with my phone – just simply download their app for iOS or Android.
- Connects to Wi-Fi – easy accessibility and setup.
- Adjustable motion sensor – you pick the level of detection based on your needs, and even choose motion detection on just humans or anything that moves.
- Wide-angle lens – so you have a greater vision of your front door, yard, and head-to-toe visual of anyone approaching your home.
- Comes with a mounting kit – it even includes an angle adapter so if you need your camera in a certain direction you can do that too.
- Connects to Alexa & Google – I haven’t used this feature yet, but it’s such an awesome perk!
- Option for battery or wired setup – so it’s perfect for any home!
Plus, there were even awesome perks I wasn’t anticipating:
- Surprise “Hellos” from my significant other while he’s away. (The BEST!)
- Getting to say goodbye to the kids before they leave for school if one of us is already out the door.
- We know when each of us is getting home so no need to ask.
- We know when neighbors stop by so we can catch up with them later.
- We know when packages are left at the door.
Setting up the eufy doorbell is so easy too.
We opted to hard-wire ours in place of our old, broken doorbell, but if you’re planning to just use it as a battery-operated doorbell setting it up will be even more of a cinch!
My significant other is pretty handy, but if you’re not comfortable working with electrical wires and plan on hard-wiring your doorbell, you may want to call in a professional.
When setting up your doorbell, you’ll first connect to your new home base through the app. We decided to store ours in our cabinet next to our router and it takes up very little space!
As you can see, the video footage once you’re set up is incredibly clear!
I have loved being able to see who’s at our door whether I’m home or not. Not to mention, my significant other feels so much more at peace while he’s at work and has the ability to check in any time. Plus, being able to talk through the eufy doorbell is a huge perk and works seamlessly!
In fact, we’ve convinced a bunch of our neighbors to buy one because they love ours so much!
Recently, we had a strange man show up at the house after we left and thanks to the eufy, we were able to provide video footage to neighbors and ultimately his company when we noticed him poking around the yard and touching things he shouldn’t have. Ultimately, it has provided us with the power and knowledge we wouldn’t have otherwise had without our video doorbell.
I’m incredibly thankful we finally got this doorbell!
Of course, with everything there are a couple of things worth mentioning:
The notifications can get out of control. 😳 Granted, you can always turn them off, so this won’t necessarily be an issue. The doorbells are designed to detect things so if the kids are running around playing you’ll be getting quite a few notifications, but keep in mind these can always be shut off at your convenience – you’ll just have to remember to turn them back on.
Sometimes it lags. While I’m going to go ahead and blame our outdated router on this issue, we’ve noticed sometimes even on the highest detection setting our doorbell doesn’t pick people up right away. If there’s someone who doesn’t belong at your door, this could be a major thumbs down. Of course, our WiFi tends to get quite a few interruptions so with a new high-speed router I really don’t think this will continue to be an issue.
Overall, our entire family is so thrilled with this new addition! In fact, we plan to add many more additions to our eufy system and provide peace of mind in every corner of our home’s exterior.
Here are the eufy cameras you can score to complete your home’s security:
- eufy Security eufyCam 2C Wireless Camera
- eufy Security, eufyCam 2 Wireless Camera
- eufy Security Flood Light Camera
All with FREE storage and NO monthly fees! Ya just can’t beat FREE, Hip2Save friends!
Check out all the home deals we have for ya!