Easy Banana Split Pudding No-Bake Dessert
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Love a good banana split with a cherry on top?
If so, make this no-bake banana split pudding dessert, with all the delicious flavors of a YUMMY banana split! It’s such a perfect and easy treat to share with friends and family at your next cookout or gathering.
I love the idea of preparing this a little bit ahead of time and then just having it in the fridge when ready to serve.
And let me tell ya, this banana split dessert is insanely YUM!
My family completely flipped over it. In fact, it’s similar to the yummy Paula Dean Banana Pudding recipe we posted in the past, except with a graham cracker crust, strawberries, pineapple, and banana split toppings.
I had a guest bring a similar dessert like this to a pool party at our home last summer, and have been thinking of how to create my own version.
This banana split dessert is easy to make!
The first step is to make an easy crust using butter and graham cracker crumbs. A large casserole dish gets layered with the fresh fruit, vanilla pudding/cream cheese mixture, and then it’s topped with whipped topping, chopped nuts, maraschino cherries, and chocolate fudge.
And, of course, any of these ingredients can be omitted as desired to cater to your family’s tastes and dietary needs.
Tips for Banana Split Dessert recipe success:
- I think this dessert needs a deeper rimmed 9×13 casserole dish, or consider picking up a disposable one at your local Dollar Tree.
- I sprinkled some Ball Fresh Produce Protector over my bananas specifically, and it did help them not to turn super brown!
- Yes, whipped cream can be used instead of whipped topping (it just may separate quicker). You can easily stabilize whipped cream by using unflavored gelatin with this method via allrecipes.com.
- To avoid staining, drain the maraschino cherries from the syrup before adding to the dessert.
Banana Split Pudding No-Bake Dessert
yield: 16 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 20 MINUTES
For the Crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
For the Pudding:
- 5.1 oz box of vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups of milk
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz. whipped topping
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 a pint of fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. of chopped fresh pineapple (about 1 1/2 cups)
For the Topping:
- 8 oz. whipped topping
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts or mixed nuts
- maraschino cherries
- chocolate fudge topping
Grab a piece of this dessert and dig in!
What a perfect no-bake dessert to make this summer or any time you’d like a banana split. Just make sure you have lots of people to share with so you don’t eat it all, as it’s pretty irresistible! The leftovers were still amazing the next day, too.
I love the fluffy texture and how you get a piece of fruit with each bite of the pudding. It’s SO good! Plus, the graham cracker crust throws it over the top!