Easy Restaurant Style Black Bean Burgers Made in the Blender!
Love a good black bean burger piled high with all your favorite toppings?
I’m sharing an awesome restaurant-style black bean burger recipe that’s simple to make for a meatless dinner idea any night of the week. It’s inspired by the popular meatless black bean burger at Chili’s, but in case you haven’t tasted it, just know that these vegetarian burgers taste amazing and happen to be super easy to make at home!
These black bean burger patties will be ready to grill in just a few minutes!
By using a food processor or blender to combine black beans, onion, and garlic, you’ll quickly be able to create a yummy meatless “burger patty” bursting with flavor without any chopping! I will honestly always love ground beef burgers, but think black bean burgers are also so yummy and have a place in my heart, and stomach, too!
Tips to make the perfect black bean burger at home:
- Need these burgers to be vegan or eggless? Try making an easy flaxseed egg! Simply substitute with 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons water. Allow the mixture to thicken for a few minutes and then add.
- Looking to make them gluten-free? Swap in gluten-free breadcrumbs and you’re in business!
- I am using cajun seasoning and a little hot sauce to flavor these burgers so they have a little kick. If heat isn’t your thing, season them instead as desired. I added dried parsley for mine, but I think fresh chopped parsley would be amazing too!
- These are fragile patties and tricky to turn, so handle with care and grease your pan well. I think thicker patties are much easier to flip. You can also chill the patties for about 30 minutes before cooking them so they’ll be more firm.
- I used a greased cast iron grill pan on the stove to cook my burgers. It gives them beautiful grill marks to look just like a traditional beef burger. You can definitely use a frying pan with a bit of oil instead though.
- This recipe made 3 larger-sized burger patties for me, though you could easily double the recipe to make more burgers. Black bean burgers freeze well, so this could be a food prep opportunity to keep some in the freezer in an air-tight container for up to a few months.
- I haven’t tried this, but I think this mixture would also make some yummy vegetarian meatballs to serve over spaghetti and marinara sauce. To accomplish this, I would roll the black bean mixture into meatballs instead and pan-sear or bake them until cooked. YUM!
Black Bean Burgers - Chili's Inspired Recipe
yield: 3 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 12 MINUTES
total time: 27 MINUTES
Here's how to make flavorful black bean burgers using the blender!
- 1/2 a medium sized onion
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 14 oz. can black beans
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (like Sriracha)
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- hamburger buns
- cheese, lettuce, tomato, avocado ( or any toppings desired)
This homemade black bean burger will hit the spot!
I love how easy it is to turn an inexpensive can of black beans into burgers! My family absolutely loved these. I actually used to make these for my kids when they were little, and they did not even realize they were eating “meatless” burgers. HA!
I love to serve burgers on a nice toasted brioche bun. Serve yours with cheese and all the fixings your family loves such as avocado, onion, tomato, blue cheese, etc. Enjoy!
Here’s what my teammate Jenna thought of this black bean burger:
“I was so excited to try this recipe, and can confirm that they taste even more delicious than they look! I am big on condiments with burgers and for this idea, I went with the toppings suggested! Such an amazing flavor and these patties hold up beautifully! I will absolutely be making these often this summer. And this was such a cheap dinner to make!”