Your Family Will Heart These Warm and Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookie Waffles!
Get your chocolate chip cookie fix by making warm and gooey waffle cookies!
Dust off that waffle iron and let’s make a special dessert your family will LOVE. Today I’m sharing an easy to make homemade chocolate chip cookie dough batter that bakes perfectly in a waffle iron to create satisfying waffle cookies to pair with ice cream. YUM!
The texture is caramelized around the outside, while the inside is soft like a waffle. Topping it with vanilla ice cream and a few additional chocolate chips is my preferred method. 😋 The ice cream kinda melts over the waffle and oh my goodness!
I tested this idea using both my new Dash heart-shaped waffle iron, which is so ADORABLE and fun to use. The heart shapes are super cute for a creative Valentine’s Day idea. I also tested this recipe using my Krups Belgian style waffle iron, and it worked fantastic as well.
Here’s what doesn’t work in a waffle maker! LOL!
I originally tried to use store-bought cookie dough in both my waffle makers to see if this hack would work. Well, I definitely DO NOT recommend this unless you’d like to spend about 30 minutes cleaning out your waffle maker LOL. That hack was a complete FAIL and did not work out well. 😂
It turns out that whipping up this simple one-bowl recipe will save you the headache and is faster to compile than cleaning the sticky mess in your waffle maker. In the end, I think it needs to be more like a creamy batter rather than a thick traditional cookie dough.
Tips for making the BEST chocolate chip cookie waffles:
- You’ll need to follow the directions on your specific waffle maker for perfect cook times. For the smaller Dash maker, the time seemed to be about 3- 4 minutes and slightly longer on my larger waffle maker.
- I made sure the waffle maker was preheated and also sprayed non-stick spray to prevent any sticking.
- You can use your favorite chocolate chips for this recipe. I think mini-chocolate chips would be helpful here for even distribution. In mine, I utilized a bag of sugar-free ChocZero chocolate chips I had on hand. They are sweetened with monk fruit and taste like normal chocolate chips if you are interested in a sugar-free option!
- Use a silicone spatula to easily remove your waffle without damaging your waffle iron.
Chocolate Chip Cookies Waffles
yield: 3 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 4 MINUTES
total time: 19 MINUTES
This quick homemade batter makes delicious chocolate chip cookie waffles you can top with ice cream for a special dessert.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- ice cream for serving
My family was such a fan of this idea!
The combination of the cold and creamy vanilla ice cream over the warm chocolate cookie waffle is pretty fantastic. If you’re looking for a special dessert for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, or any sweet occasion, this is a fun option!
Check out what my teammate Jenna had to say about these cookie waffles:
“These are so fun and so good! They are warm and gooey just like a cookie – and are so easy to make. I used my heart-shaped waffle maker just like Lina, and can’t wait to try the other shapes with this recipe. How fun would these be in other classic cookie flavors?! The kids are asking for these again already!
I love that the whole process only took around 10 minutes and these were so easy to whip up. Even better is the idea of adding ice cream to them, so delicious!”
Next, I’d like to try making brownies using a brownie mix or even cinnamon rolls. Let us know if you’ve tried any waffle iron hacks and how it went in the comments!