Make a Copycat McDonald’s McFlurry At Home Using Just 4 Ingredients!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Love a McDonald’s McFlurry for dessert? If so, listen up!
Here’s a way to make a very similar DIY version at home using just a few simple ingredients and only 10 minutes or less of hands-on prep time. My kids personally love the M&M’s flavored McFlurries, and this is a yummy way to re-create the fast-food version with minimal ingredients and without the use of an ice cream maker!
No-churn homemade ice cream is the answer!
This method of making homemade ice cream is so easy and fun to do! It just involves whipping 2 main ingredients together – heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk.
Adding some air to the cream will make it extra fluffy when frozen, and the condensed milk will give it great texture and a sweet flavor.
Essentially, the rest of the ingredients are up to you! I added vanilla extract and mini M&M’s as yummy add-ins to make my copycat McFlurry, but you can, of course, add in Oreos or create another fun ice cream flavor you’d like. Once frozen, you’ll get a delicious creamy ice cream treat the whole family will love!
If you’re a visual learner, Stetson actually made this fun YouTube video below showing how he easily made an Oreo McFlurry at home:
If you can’t see the video, click here to watch it on YouTube.
Hip tips for making this copycat McDonald’s McFlurry:
- It’s recommended to use a metal loaf pan when making no-churn ice cream, as metal makes it freeze faster. Since I don’t have one, I used a metal pie pan instead, and it seemed to work fine!
- Hold back some of the mini M&M’s to add to the top, as some will sink. I waited for about an hour after setting my ice cream in the freezer, and then I added more to the top and pressed them in.
- You could even flavor the sweetened condensed milk with this Frappe Mix for a coffee-flavored McFlurry!
- A full can of sweetened condensed milk is 14 oz. and I actually held back a little and did about 10 oz. Most recipes use the full can, but I felt like it was sweet enough using 10 oz. Test the sweetness level yourself and sweeten to taste.
Copycat McDonalds McFlurry
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 5 HOURS
total time: 5 HOURS 10 MINUTES
Homemade creamy vanilla ice cream with candy - and no ice cream maker needed!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 10 oz. sweetened condensed milk (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mini M&M's (or desired McFlurry add-in)
This DIY version is even better tasting than a real McFlurry!
Yep, we all agreed this no-churn copycat version tastes amazing, and is even better than the McDonald’s version in our opinion! My daughter was saying how fluffy and yummy this is.
I am looking forward to trying some other flavors this summer using this same method. Enjoy!