Make a Copycat McDonald’s McFlurry At Home Using Just 4 Ingredients!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Love a McDonald’s McFlurry for dessert? If so, listen up!
Here’s a way to make a very similar DIY version at home using just a few simple ingredients and only 10 minutes or less of hands-on prep time. My kids personally love the M&M’s flavored McFlurries, and this is a yummy way to re-create the fast-food version with minimal ingredients and without the use of an ice cream maker!
No-churn homemade ice cream is the answer!
This method of making homemade ice cream is so easy and fun to do! It just involves whipping 2 main ingredients together – heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk.
Adding some air to the cream will make it extra fluffy when frozen, and the condensed milk will give it great texture and a sweet flavor.
Essentially, the rest of the ingredients are up to you! I added vanilla extract and mini M&M’s as yummy add-ins to make my copycat McFlurry, but you can, of course, add in Oreos or create another fun ice cream flavor you’d like. Once frozen, you’ll get a delicious creamy ice cream treat the whole family will love!
If you’re a visual learner, Stetson actually made this fun YouTube video below showing how he easily made an Oreo McFlurry at home:
If you can’t see the video, click here to watch it on YouTube.
Hip tips for making this copycat McDonald’s McFlurry:
- It’s recommended to use a metal loaf pan when making no-churn ice cream, as metal makes it freeze faster. Since I don’t have one, I used a metal pie pan instead, and it seemed to work fine!
- Hold back some of the mini M&M’s to add to the top, as some will sink. I waited for about an hour after setting my ice cream in the freezer, and then I added more to the top and pressed them in.
- You could even flavor the sweetened condensed milk with this Frappe Mix for a coffee-flavored McFlurry!
- A full can of sweetened condensed milk is 14 oz. and I actually held back a little and did about 10 oz. Most recipes use the full can, but I felt like it was sweet enough using 10 oz. Test the sweetness level yourself and sweeten to taste.
Copycat McDonalds McFlurry
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 5 HOURS
total time: 5 HOURS 10 MINUTES
Homemade creamy vanilla ice cream with candy - and no ice cream maker needed!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 10 oz. sweetened condensed milk (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mini M&M's (or desired McFlurry add-in)
This DIY version is even better tasting than a real McFlurry!
Yep, we all agreed this no-churn copycat version tastes amazing, and is even better than the McDonald’s version in our opinion! My daughter was saying how fluffy and yummy this is.
I am looking forward to trying some other flavors this summer using this same method. Enjoy!