Make Your Own Taco Bell Mexican Pizza at Home
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Save earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
You’re going to love this Taco Bell Mexican Pizza recipe!
Calling all Taco Bell fans!
We’re over the moon that Taco Bell’s Mexican Pizza is finally returning after a heartwrenching hiatus. To celebrate, we’re making a copycat Taco Bell Mexican pizza recipe similar to the Taco Bell version. It is such a fun and easy dinner idea! In fact, I’m just gonna admit this easy-to-make homemade version is even more fantastic and makes my mouth water just writing about it.
It has a double layer of crispy fried tortillas, taco seasoned meat, refried beans, enchilada sauce, and is topped with melted cheese, toppings, and of course Taco Bell hot sauce.
Taco Bell vs Homemade Mexican Pizza
I love that when creating your at-home version, you can completely customize the toppings and really make it a meal your family will love – using the type of ingredients you enjoy! Everyone can make it as spicy as they like, and you can also opt to skip the meat and use beans only as a meatless option.
This simple homemade version is even better than the real thing, in my opinion!
Hip tips for making your own Taco Bell Mexican Pizza:
- Look for Taco Bell brand food items in-store! I found Taco Bell hot sauce and refried beans at my local grocery store.
- Love the finely ground texture of Taco Bell ground beef? Use a potato masher when cooking it on the stove, and add a little extra water to the meat. You can even throw it in a food processor after cooking if desired to get that same super-fine texture.
- Frying tortillas in a little oil is actually very easy! It’s worth the little bit of extra effort to get a crispy tortilla because it tastes THAT much better! I’m thinking you could also spray a tortilla with cooking spray instead, and throw it in the air fryer if you didn’t want to fry them as a similar alternative.
Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 25 MINUTES
cook time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
This crispy mexican style pizza with enchilada sauce, taco seasoned meat, beans, and cheese is so easy to make at home!
- 8- 8 inch flour tortillas
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet of taco seasoning or 2 tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 16 ounce can refried beans
- 3/4 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese, Mexican blend
- additional topping as desired: tomatoes, green onion, olives, etc.
Serve up a Taco Bell Pizza topped with melted cheese and you’ll be in taco heaven!
Ohhh, my goodness… these are so GOOD. My kids happen to love Taco Bell and were definitely big fans of this idea. My husband worked late and had to reheat his using our air fryer, and it still tasted just as delicious re-heated that way. Overall, I loved the taste of the enchilada sauce, with the beans and crispy tortilla — this is a winner!
Make dinner a fiesta with this Ramen Noodle Taco Bowl!