Skip the Drive-Thru and Make Your Own Taco Bell Mexican Pizza at Home
Calling all Taco Bell fans!
Making copycat Mexican pizzas similar to the Taco Bell version is such a fun and easy dinner idea! In fact, I’m just gonna admit this easy to make homemade version is even more fantastic, and makes my mouth water just writing about it.
It has a double layer of crispy fried tortillas, taco seasoned meat, refried beans, enchilada sauce, and is topped with melted cheese, toppings, and of course Taco Bell hot sauce.
Taco Bell vs Homemade Mexican Pizza
I love that when creating your at-home version, you can completely customize the toppings and really make it a meal your family will love – using the type of ingredients you enjoy! Everyone can make it as spicy as they like, and you can also opt to skip the meat and use beans only as a meatless option.
This simple homemade version is even better than the real thing, in my opinion!
Hip tips for making your own Taco Bell Mexican Pizza:
- Look for Taco Bell brand food items in-store! I found Taco Bell hot sauce and refried beans at my local grocery store.
- Love the finely ground texture of Taco Bell ground beef? Use a potato masher when cooking it on the stove, and add a little extra water to the meat. You can even throw it in a food processor after cooking if desired to get that same super-fine texture.
- Frying tortillas in a little oil is actually very easy! It’s worth the little bit of extra effort to get a crispy tortilla because it tastes THAT much better! I’m thinking you could also spray a tortilla with cooking spray instead, and throw it in the air fryer if you didn’t want to fry them as a similar alternative.
- Make your own taco seasoning! It’s super easy to mix together with seasonings that you may already have on hand, or you could use a store-bought packet.
Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 25 MINUTES
cook time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
This crispy mexican style pizza with enchilada sauce, taco seasoned meat, beans, and cheese is so easy to make at home!
- 8 - 8 inch flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet of taco seasoning or 2 tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 16 oz. can refried beans
- 3/4 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese, Mexican blend
- Additional topping as desired: tomatoes, green onion, olives, etc.
Serve up a “Pizza” topped with melted cheese taco heaven!
Ohhh my goodness… these are so GOOD. My kids happen to love Taco Bell and were definitely big fans of this idea. My husband worked late and had to reheat his using our air fryer, and it still tasted just as delicious re-heated that way. Overall, I loved the taste of the enchilada sauce, with the beans and crispy tortilla- this is a winner!