This Easy 4-Ingredient Chicken Pot Pie is Comforting and Takes 10 Minutes to Prep!
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Save earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This chicken pot pie recipe is a winner for the whole family!
Need a super comforting and cheap dinner idea using just 4 main ingredients?
You’ve gotta try this easy chicken pot pie recipe using canned pantry staples! It takes just 10 minutes to compile and is super versatile to improvise according to what’s in your pantry. The result is a warm pot pie with a creamy filling and flaky crust that your whole family will love!
My kids happen to be obsessed with Costco’s chicken pot pie, and this has been a great stand-in and an easy-to-make last-minute meal. I’ve made it a few times now, including as a dish for a friend who had experienced a loss as a warm comfort meal. ❤️
You can also prep this ahead of time and pop it in the oven about an hour before dinner for added convenience.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 45 MINUTES
total time: 55 MINUTES
Here's a comforting chicken pot pie that can be compiled in a few minutes and results in a creamy chicken filling with a yummy, flaky crust.
- refrigerated pie crusts, 2-count
- 12 oz. canned chicken, or cooked shredded chicken
- 14 oz. can mixed vegetables, drained
- 10 3/4 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Hip tips for making the easiest Chicken Pot Pie recipe:
- I love keeping canned chicken in the pantry for quick meals like this, but you can always use shredded rotisserie chicken, or boil a couple of chicken breasts on the stove first before making this.
- Don’t have cream of chicken soup? I’ve made this pot pie using this homemade cream of chicken soup recipe from Food.com, and it worked out great! Chicken gravy is another great sub.
- Some readers mentioned adding cream cheese, sour cream, or shredded cheese for an extra layer of richness in this hearty meal.
- We love the convenience of store-bought pie crusts, but of course, you can make your own pie crust instead if preferred.
- Herbes De Provence is my favorite way to season things like chicken pot pie or chicken noodle soup, but you can season with any type of poultry seasoning as desired. Since everything is essentially cooked, you can even taste the filling before baking to see if it needs more salt, pepper, etc.
- If the outside of your crust is browning too much, place foil around the outer crust halfway through cook time. I want to buy one of these handy pie shields soon for baking pie crusts evenly!
Easy chicken pot pie is ultimate comfort food success!
Sometimes we all could use a quick, inexpensive meal, and this one was a total winner for us. I know it’s not super gourmet, but it’s definitely comforting and requires minimal ingredients and prep!
Here are 5 budget-friendly weekday recipes!