This Easy 4-Ingredient Chicken Pot Pie is Comforting and Takes 10 Minutes to Prep!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Need a super comforting and cheap dinner idea using just 4 main ingredients?
You’ve gotta try this easy chicken pot pie recipe using canned pantry staples! It takes just 10 minutes to compile and is super versatile to improvise according to what’s in your pantry. The result is a warm pot pie with creamy filling and flaky crust that your whole family will love!
My kids happen to be obsessed with Costco’s chicken pot pie, and this has been a great stand-in and an easy to make quarantine meal. I’ve made it a few times now, and also made one for a friend who experienced a loss recently, as a warm comfort meal. ❤️
You can also prep this ahead of time and pop it in the oven about an hour before dinner for convenience.
Hip Recipe Tips:
- I love keeping canned chicken in the pantry for quick meals like this, but you can always use shredded rotisserie chicken, or boil a couple of chicken breasts on the stove first before making this.
- Don’t have cream of chicken soup? I actually just tried making this pot pie again using this homemade cream of chicken soup recipe from Food.com, and it worked out great!
- We love the convenience of store-bought pie crusts, but of course, you can make your own pie crust instead.
- Herbes De Provence is my favorite way to season things like chicken pot pie or chicken noodle soup, but you can season with any type of poultry seasoning as desired. Since everything is essentially cooked, you can even taste the filling before baking, to see if it needs more salt, pepper, etc.
- If the outside of your crust is browning too much, place foil around the outer crust halfway through cook time. I want to buy one of these handy pie shields soon for baking pie crusts evenly!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 45 MINUTES
total time: 55 MINUTES
Here's a comforting chicken pot pie that can be compiled in a few minutes and results in a creamy chicken filling with a yummy, flaky crust.
- refrigerated pie crusts, 2-count
- 12 oz. canned chicken, or cooked shredded chicken
- 14 oz. can mixed vegetables, drained
- 10 3/4 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Ultimate comfort food success!
Sometimes we all could use a quick, inexpensive meal, and this one was a total winner for us. I know it’s not super gourmet, but definitely comforting and requires minimal ingredients and prep!