Sheet Pan Chicken Pot Pie is the Ultimate Comfort Food
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Make this sheet pan chicken pot pie for a little slice of weeknight comfort food heaven.
Love easy sheet pan dinner ideas?
This hearty sheet pan chicken pot pie is a crowd-pleasing family favorite that uses shredded chicken and strips of pre-packaged puff pastry for a genius weeknight shortcut. Bring everyone to the table with a comforting meal that smells amazing, and tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen!
A slice of this creamy pot pie with its flaky crust is truly heaven on a sheet pan.
Hip tips for making Sheet Pan Chicken Pot Pie:
- Shred a store-bought rotisserie chicken as an easy shortcut for this recipe, or try using leftover chicken or turkey instead!
- Feel free to season your filling as desired, but I really love to use the savory seasoning blend Herbes de Provence for comforting chicken recipes like this one.
- I used a rimmed 16L X 12W X 1H sheet pan which worked out to be about the right size for this recipe, but I’m sure anything similar would be fine!
- Look for puff pastry sheets located by the frozen desserts in the freezer aisle at your grocery store.
Sheet Pan Chicken Pot Pie
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 50 MINUTES
Creamy shredded chicken and veggies get covered with flaky puff pastry for easy and delicious comfort food.
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt & a few grinds of black pepper
- 2 and 1/2 cups cooked & shredded chicken
- 6 oz. frozen peas and carrots
- 17.3-ounce package puff pastry sheets
- 1 egg
The ratio of bread to filling is EVERYTHING!
Everyone knows the best part of chicken pot pie is the crust, and using a shallow baking sheet gives you a little piece of warm, flaky buttery dough in each bite! The filling is incredibly creamy and flavorful, too.
At the end of the day, this meal is comfort food at its best! My family LOVED this recipe and I hope yours will, too. Enjoy!
Want more comfort food recipes?
Check out these comforting classic recipes:
- Classic Beef Stroganoff
- Easy Cornflake Chicken and Mini Waffles
- Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Classic Macaroni and Cheese