Sheet Pan Chicken Pot Pie is the Ultimate Comfort Food
Love easy sheet pan dinner ideas?
This hearty sheet pan chicken pot pie is a crowd-pleasing family favorite that uses shredded chicken and strips of pre-packaged puff pastry as a genius and delicious weeknight shortcut. Bring everyone to the table with a comforting meal that smells amazing, and tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen!
A slice of this creamy pot pie with flaky crust is truly heaven on a sheet pan.
Hip tips for making Sheet Pan Chicken Pot Pie:
- Shred a store-bought roasted chicken as an easy shortcut for this idea, or perhaps use leftover turkey or chicken instead!
- Feel free to season your filling as desired, but I really love the savory seasoning blend Herbes de Provence for comforting chicken recipes like this one.
- I used a rimmed 16L X 12W X 1H sheet pan which worked out to be about the right size for this recipe, but I’m sure anything similar would be fine!
- Look for puff pastry sheets located by the frozen desserts in the freezer aisle.
Sheet Pan Chicken Pot Pie
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 50 MINUTES
Creamy shredded chicken and veggies get covered with flaky puff pastry for easy and delicious comfort food.
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt & a few grinds of black pepper
- 2 and 1/2 cups cooked & shredded chicken
- 6 oz. frozen peas and carrots
- 17.3-ounce package puff pastry sheets
- 1 egg
The ratio of bread to filling is EVERYTHING!
Everyone knows the best part of chicken pot pie is the crust, and this gives a little piece of warm flaky buttery dough to each bite! The filling is incredibly creamy and flavorful, too.
This meal is comfort food at its best! My family LOVED this recipe and I hope yours will, too!
Want more comfort food recipes?
Check out these comforting classic recipes: