Dress up Your Favorite Appetizers with this Festive Holiday Hack
Need a simple holiday appetizer idea for Christmas parties with no cooking involved?!
Consider re-purposing a tree-shaped cake pan as a festive appetizer tray using meat & cheese, sliced veggies, or chopped fruit! This is a handy tip that I’ve been using for a few years now, and I love the result every time.
If you’d like to compile something special without spending a ton of time in the kitchen, try this trick!
The only real “work” for these festive trays is cutting up veggies, fruit, or meat & cheese pieces. Then you can arrange food in rows like a decorated Christmas tree for a beautiful display that looks fancy but is actually super easy to accomplish!
- I own these Wilton brand Christmas tree cake pans and store them with my holiday decor bins so I can get them out each year. I love that they pull double duty as a cake pan and Christmas tray. You could likely find something similar at a local thrift store or craft store, too!
- This same idea can be applied to make lots of different holiday appetizers, such as a fruit tray with cut up pieces of fruit, veggies trays, and also to serve smaller sized Christmas cookies and candies.
- To save on time, compile your tray the day before and store it covered in the fridge for a convenient make-ahead idea.
- Use rosemary or other fresh green herbs for festive Christmas tree dividers as I did on my meat and cheese appetizer! Our rosemary bush in my yard comes in handy for this.
- If you have extra herbs and olives, arrange on a side plate in a circle and it will look like a pretty wreath!
No-fuss holiday ideas are the best!
This little cake pan hack is so easy, yet it looks like a lot of time and effort was put into your snack. I brought the fruit trays one year to a family party and also included a yummy 3 ingredient fruit dip using marshmallow fluff served on the side. It was such a big hit and was pretty simple and quick to compile beforehand. Enjoy!