This FREE Printable 5 Day ALDI Meal Plan is EVERYTHING
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Updated June 26, 2019
Do you LOVE ALDI like we love ALDI?
We’ve created this 5-day FREE printable meal plan with easy Hip2Save dinner recipe ideas just for you! The best part is, because Aldi is so affordable, my total spend for groceries needed for these ingredients came in at just under $12 per meal for a family of 4-5!
These are high-quality meals!
You can actually eat affordable steak and chicken, and the fresh produce is delicious. Everything I’ve tried from ALDI has been nice quality, and the ingredients result in delicious meals for any family! I LOVE that you can save money without clipping coupons!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1.5 oz. red enchilada packet (plus 1.5 cups water & 8oz. can tomato sauce)
- 7 small flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 10.75 oz can condensed tomato soup
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small can black olives, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced (for garnish) * optional
- Place meat and onion in a large skillet on the stove, and brown over medium-high heat until meat is crumbly. Drain if necessary, and return to skillet.
- Season meat with cumin, garlic powder, and salt & pepper to taste.
- In a saucepan on the stove, stir enchilada mix, water, and tomato sauce. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes until thickened. (May also use a 10 oz. can of red enchilada sauce instead, however my ALDI had only the packet.)
- Stir in soup and red enchilada sauce to meat mixture.
- On each tortilla, spread about 1/4 cup of meat mixture and a sprinkle of cheese, then fold and place in baking pan.
- Try to reserve a cup of shredded cheese for the top.
- Spread any leftover sauce mixture over the top of the tortillas. Sprinkle reserved cheese and add black olives.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with green onion and sour cream if desired.
- 1.5 raw pounds chicken thigh meat, cut into one-inch pieces
- 2- 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 15.5 oz. can black beans, rinsed, & drained
- 11 oz. can of sweet corn
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional topping)
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or HIGH 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve with any desired toppings such as chopped cilantro, sour cream, shredded cheese, tortillas, etc.
Ingredients for Kebabs:
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 1 -15 oz. can pineapple chunks, liquid reserved
- rice for serving
Ingredients for Marinade:
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup less sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (or try coconut oil!)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 cup liquid from canned pineapple
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- If using bamboo skewers, make sure to first soak them in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Whisk together all the marinade ingredients in a small saucepan.
- On the stove, bring mixture to a boil and then let simmer for about 5 minutes until liquid is reduced. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile cut chicken and veggies into one-inch pieces.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish, and set aside veggies.
- Reserve a small portion of marinade/sauce into a small dish (for basting the meat while grilling). Pour the rest over the chicken.
- Let chicken marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. (Next time I’ll try overnight!)
- Use the bamboo skewers to compile Kebabs by alternating veggies, pineapple chunks, and chicken. (This made six good-sized skewers for us.)
- Transfer to a preheated grill on medium heat. Cook for about 18-20 minutes, turning and basting with reserved marinade.
- Serve over rice.
Ingredients For the Butter:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoons capers, chopped (Aldi didn’t have this, so omit if desired)
- 1 garlic clove, minced into a paste
Ingredients For Sheet Pan Meal:
- 2 pounds sirloin steak (about 1 inch thick)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon or so olive oil
- 1 large head of fresh broccoli cut into florets
- 1 pound asparagus spears
- Mash together herb butter ingredients in a small bowl.
- Form butter into a tube shape using plastic wrap, and place in fridge or freezer to harden.
- Pat steaks dry and season both sides of steak with salt and pepper.
- Coat veggies with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Stick a large rimmed sheet pan in the oven and preheat oven broiler.
- Carefully remove HOT sheet pan from the oven.
- Coat the pan with olive oil and lay the steaks toward the center. Arrange veggies around the edges.
- Place under broiler for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan, turn steaks, and place back under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Top steaks with rosemary butter to serve.
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix, chicken flavor
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups diced zucchini (about 2 med/large or 3 small zucchini)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Cook chicken as desired. (I think it’s easier boil for 8-10 minutes, then cube or shred.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In your largest mixing bowl, combine stuffing mix with melted butter. Reserve 1/2 cup of this mixture for the topping.
- Mix in the chicken, chopped zucchini, onion, cream of chicken soup, and sour cream.
- Pour entire mixture into a greased 9×13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the 1/2 cup reserved stuffing mix on top of casserole and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.