Homemade Ranch Seasoning & Dressing Mix
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
You’re going to want to put this homemade ranch seasoning mix on everything!
Calling all ranch lovers!
It’s time to ditch the ranch seasoning packets at the store and opt to make your own version instead in just a few minutes! This recipe is quick, easy, and delicious!
Use ranch seasoning to season meat, potatoes, and veggies, and turn it into a tasty homemade ranch dressing for salads as well as a dip for veggies, pizza, and wings.
As always, there are tons of benefits to making your recipes yourself as opposed to buying pre-packaged, and this ranch seasoning is no exception. For example, you know exactly what’s in it: just eight simple seasonings with absolutely no MSG!
Hip Tips for making this homemade ranch seasoning:
- Consider adding more (or less) of each seasoning to adapt to your tastebuds. For a dairy-free version of this ranch seasoning, ignore buttermilk powder and combine everything as normal!
- To make this a salad dressing, combine 1 tablespoon of mix with 1/3 cup milk and 1/3 cup mayonnaise. Substitute mayo with plain Greek yogurt for a healthy version!
- In an air-tight container, you can store this ranch seasoning for future use up to a year, depending on the age of the spices used.
Ranch Seasoning Mix
prep time: 3 MINUTES
total time: 3 MINUTES
Ditch the ranch seasoning packets at the store and opt to make your own version instead in just a few minutes!
- 1/2 cup dried buttermilk powder (usually found in the baking aisle)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
Don’t forget to save this as a dressing, too!
Get ready for the freshest dressing of your life! As we mentioned earlier, it’s not just salads that would pair well with this dressing. There are so many different foods to dip in ranch. 😋
I love to use ranch seasoning to flavor mashed potatoes, ranch taco soup, burgers on the grill, and roasted vegetables. No matter what you use it for, this homemade ranch seasoning is a game-changer that’s sure to win over the dinner table.
Let us know what you plan to cook with this seasoning so we can all gain some inspiration. 🙌
Want more seasonings? Try making our Homemade Taco Seasoning!