Make this Hearty Ranch Taco Soup in Your Crock-Pot Using Pantry Staples
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Anyone here also LOVE a good Crockpot slow cooker soup?
It’s soup season, and that means my Crockpot will be workin’ overtime to keep my family fed and happy! One of our favorite hearty and comforting meals using pantry staples is ranch taco soup in the Crockpot. It’s kind of like traditional ground beef and bean chili, but with a southwest taco twist.
The result is a flavorful comforting broth soup featuring green chiles, crumbled beef, cilantro, diced tomatoes, and both a ranch seasoning and taco seasoning packet for lots of flavor. You can top it with any of your favorite taco toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, and jalapeños. It’s a satisfying and easy to make soup all will love!
Tips for making the BEST ranch taco soup in your Crockpot:
- I am making this in my slow cooker for convenience, as I love that it will stay warm inside until everyone is ready to eat. You can instead just cook it all in a large pot on the stove, and let simmer on low for an hour or so if desired.
- I have also made this using shredded cooked chicken instead, and it’s very tasty too! If you wanted a meatless version, it would be easy to omit the ground beef and maybe add diced zucchini or other veggies.
- This idea is very adaptable to taste. For instance, you can add a handful of diced jalapeño, chile pepper flakes, or hot sauce to make it spicier if you wanted. Feel free to add different beans if desired, too.
- Don’t have a ranch or taco packet at home? It would be easy to improvise and season as desired using this DIY ranch seasoning packet recipe and this homemade taco seasoning recipe!
- This makes a lot of soup! I have a 6-quart oval-shaped Crock-Pot and it basically fills it. I love soup for leftovers, so for us, it works. You can definitely consider cutting this recipe in half for a smaller batch.
Ranch Taco Soup
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 3 HOURS
total time: 3 HOURS 15 MINUTES
Make this delicious and full of flavor ranch taco soup in your Crockpot!
- 2 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 15 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1.25 oz. taco seasoning packet
- 1 oz. ranch dressing packet
- 2 - 14.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 4.5 oz diced green chilies
- 10 oz. can red enchilada sauce
- 2 - 15.5 oz cans kidney beans, drained
- 15.5 oz. can black beans, drained
- 14 oz. can beef broth
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Garnish with sour cream, grated cheese, green onion, jalapeño, tortilla chips, and/or cilantro as desired
I love this taco flair to a basic chili recipe!
It gives it such brilliant flavor, and the taste and texture overall are SO YUM! This would be great for entertaining on game day as well, and would be easy to serve straight out of a slow cooker.
I love simple pantry based soups like this!
This is one of those meals that gets better overnight and makes for excellent leftovers the next day for lunch or dinner. The ranch seasoning adds a whole other level of yummy flavor and makes the kitchen prep super fast. 😋
Check out what my teammate Jenna had to say after making this soup:
“I really love this soup, especially the use of fresh cilantro. The flavor is so fantastic and I love that it all goes in the slow cooker for convenience. I took it a step further and used my Instant Pot, so I could sauté the beef and onions then add everything and set to slow cook, and it turned out great.
This made a nice big batch and plenty of servings, and I love the simplicity of using a taco packet and ranch seasoning as there’s no need to measure out salt or seasonings. That makes it so easy!”