Spicy Mexican Street Corn Dip is a Must-Try Appetizer!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This addictive cheesy street corn dip is bursting with Southwest flavor and is so quick to make for game day or for easy entertaining.
If you love a good cream cheese dip try this unique one.
It’s corn! 🌽🎼🎤 Mexican street corn dip seems to be super popular these days from stores like ALDI, Costco, and Trader Joe’s all having their own versions. If you prefer to skip the store, we’ve got a homemade recipe for Mexican street corn dip that’s easy and fun to mix up and serve with your favorite chips.
It has all the flavors of this popular Mexican corn side dish, but as a spicy cheesy dip to share at your next gathering. This could be a fantastic dip to consider serving for Cinco de Mayo! Use frozen corn like I did and you can enjoy this year-round!
Have you had the Rojo’s street corn at Costco?
A few of us on the Hip2Save.com team are big fans of this delicious Mexican street corn dip you can grab at Costco. It’s spicy, creamy, has lots of bold flavors, and is honestly super addicting! Plus, I love that it’s a convenient party dip to take along camping, tailgating, or to serve right out of the container when the snacking mood hits! You can top quesadillas with it or add it to your favorite tacos!
The Mexican corn dip I made has the same vibes featuring sour cream, Mexican Cotija cheese, lime juice, and cream cheese. It’s actually pretty spicy too by using a can of hot green chilies.
Mexican Street Corn Dip
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 15 MINUTES
Creamy cold dip with three kinds of cheese, green chiles, lime, and corn. It's spicy and so delclious.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 4 oz. can hot green chiles
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Mexican Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (such as Chalula)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- juice from one large fresh lime (and zest from 1/2 the lime)
More tips for making Mexican corn dip:
- Be sure to leave enough time to soften your cream cheese beforehand. Mine usually takes about an hour on the counter to come to room temperature. In a pinch, use the microwave to soften. Place the unwrapped cheese in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave it on high for 15 seconds.
- This dip is easy to cater to your taste. For instance, if you prefer a non-spicy experience, skip the hot sauce and use mild green chiles. If you can’t find hot chiles and want it spicy used canned jalapenos instead or add a pinch of cayenne pepper to taste!
- It’s a thicker cream cheese dip, so be sure to pair it with a sturdy tortilla chip, cracker, or vegetable dipper of choice.
- If you can’t find Cotija cheese, feta has a similar profile and texture.
- Mexican street corn dip tastes excellent as leftovers. It can be stored in a covered container for up to 4 days in the fridge.
This street corn dip is insanely flavorful and GOOD!
I love the fresh-tasting lime and cilantro together with the cheese and sour cream. This is a crowd-pleasing snack that will get rave reviews and I love how easy and low effort it is to mix up. I love that you can prep this a day or so ahead of time and serve to get the party started!
My teammate Emily tried this corn dip recipe and here’s her reaction:
“I could not stop eating this. It is so good and so addictive. And it tastes almost exactly like the version I’ve had from Costco. It’s perfect for barbecues, tailgating, parties, etc. Or just make it for yourself, no shame in that!”