Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars Recipe
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
This easy pumpkin granola bars recipe is simple, sweet, and satisfying.
Looking for a homemade and portable snack this fall?
Try adding pumpkin puree and chocolate chips to a batch of homemade granola bars. It’s a brilliant combination of flavor! They are so yummy, very easy to make, and most importantly – your family will hopefully love them like mine did. In fact, these are definitely kid-approved and would be so great for lunch boxes or after-school snacks!
The result is a perfectly sweetened, chewy, soft pumpkin granola bar with mini chocolate chips and a subtle yet tasty pumpkin spice flavor!
Tips for baking this pumpkin chocolate chip granola bars recipe:
- Here’s the key to making sure these bars don’t fall apart! You have to make them pretty thick and also press them down firmly into a 9×13 casserole dish using a metal spatula. Make sure they are about 3/4 inch – 1 inch thick. Notice I did not use the full length of the pan, more like 3/4 of it. The flaxseed is also important as a binding agent and do help the bars stay together.
- As far as sweeteners go, I used brown sugar and raw honey. Next time I may even try brown Swerve or granular monk fruit instead as a sugar substitute. These however are not overly sweet as written.
- My kitchen is usually warm enough for my coconut oil to be melted already, but if yours is solid, melt it first.
- I loved using Enjoy Life mini-chocolate chips in these! If you want a good sugar-free recommendation, I tend to grab Lily’s stevia-sweetened chocolate chips often as they are yummy, too.
- Homemade pumpkin granola bars can be stores in a covered container for up to 5-7 days.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
yield: 15 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 45 MINUTES
total time: 55 MINUTES
These simple granola bars are perfect for fall and turn out so chewy and delicious with a subtle pumpkin spice flavor along with chocolate chips!
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar (or more for sweeter bars)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
My kids loved these pumpkin granola bars as a special fall snack!
I enjoyed mine with a warm cup of coffee and oh my gosh – YUMMO! I loved that these were easy to make and called for simple pantry ingredients I usually have on hand.