Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
This pumpkin roll recipe makes the perfect fall dessert, and it’s easier than you think!
Welcome to the season of pumpkin everything! This classic pumpkin roll recipe is the ultimate fall dessert. Not only is it beautiful for serving to guests, but it’s decadently delicious too.
The moist pumpkin cake is rolled around a sweet cream cheese frosting that’s absolutely to die for. This would be a perfect idea to bake for Thanksgiving pumpkin dessert, or even to enjoy as a brunch style treat on a weekend with coffee!
Eating Keto? Be sure to check out our keto pumpkin roll recipe on Hip2Keto.com that’s similar to this one, but low in carbs and sugar!
Best of all, this pumpkin roll recipe is surprisingly easy to make at home!
Honestly, I’ve always been a little bit intimidated by the rolling aspect of this dessert, so I had never tried making a pumpkin roll until my husband requested one the other day. This was his childhood favorite, so I called my mother in law and had her talk me through it!
Hip tips for making a perfect pumpkin roll:
- The perfect sized pan for this is a 15x10x1 jelly roll pan. I tried a larger pan and it was too thin and was a fail, just FYI! lol
- Getting the cake to form into a roll can be a little tricky, but still easy. Don’t skip the step of rolling up the cake while it’s still warm using the parchment paper. This allows the cake to cool and hold the roll shape, making sure it doesn’t crack when re-rolling it together with the frosting.
- Interested in creating your own pumpkin spice seasoning blend for all your fall baking? Check out this homemade pumpkin spice recipe idea, I used in my cake!
- Want to add in chopped nuts to the cake? My husband actually prefers this pumpkin roll with 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts to the cake batter. That’s a great add-in to consider!
Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Frosting
yield: 10 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
Bake this delicious pumpkin roll with cream cheese frosting for your fall holiday celebrations, or even for a cozy night in.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice seasoning
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1- 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of butter
Put this pumpkin roll on your fall bucket list!
What a beautiful pumpkin recipe, and it doesn’t take a ton of ingredients and effort either! Bake a yummy pumpkin roll, grab a cup of coffee, and enjoy this luscious, creamy, classic fall treat!