Easy Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Sometimes side dishes can be the star of the meal!
This super easy, roasted butternut squash recipe is the perfect side dish this holiday season. Crispy and caramelized on the outside and buttery richness on the inside, this squash hits all the right notes!
Butternut squash is my go-to for a lower carb alternative when I am craving sweet potatoes. This side dish requires only a few ingredients dumped together on a baking sheet—how easy is that?
Hip Recipe Tips:
- It is a little more expensive, but if you’re in a time crunch, buying pre-cut squash saves you TONS of prep time.
- Serve this side dish for the holidays or pair it with some delicious pork chops! Everyone loves a savory-sweet combo.
- Turn this side dish into a simple meal by adding 1 lb. of cooked sausage, Brussels sprouts, and pecans. Delish!
Roasted Butternut Squash
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
Sweet, caramelized butternut squash makes for a simple side dish.
- 2 16oz. bags pre-cut butternut squash or 1 large butternut squash, cubed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
This side dish is a staple for holidays!
Love butternut squash? Try this savory squash soup, too.