Share the LOVE With These Mini Valentine’s Day Cake Tins!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
30Create adorable individual Valentine’s Day cake tins using a box of red velvet cake mix and homemade cream cheese frosting.
You’re gonna LOVE this special Valentine’s Day dessert idea! 😍
Consider baking mini cakes in to-go style tins and wrapping them up with cute ribbon to celebrate love day. I used my favorite method to jazz up a boxed cake mix by adding butter, milk, and more eggs than suggested. It yields a rich flavored cake and is easy to accomplish.
You can use red velvet like I did here, pick a different flavor, or use your favorite from-scratch cake recipe if you’d like! I whipped up an easy cream cheese frosting for my cakes, and it made a yummy combo.
A key component to packaging these mini Valentine’s cakes is these tins!
I found some pink mini loaf pans via Amazon.com that are perfect for compiling mini cake gifts. They come with small pans for baking, clear lids, and sporks! You can add fun sprinkles and cake toppers to make festive Valentine’s Day cakes.
I think these containers are great for other foods too! You can compile all kinds of treats like quick breads, banana pudding, and even savory foods like mini meatloaf or lasagna to go!
I am in LOVE with these hand-written melted candy toppers!
I previously made these fun Christmas tree toppers using candy melts and parchment paper during the holidays. Well here is a fun variation to do for Valentine’s Day! I melted red candy wafers in the microwave, placed them in a pastry bag, and wrote the word love on parchment paper.
Once dried, you can use them as cake or cupcake toppers! Trust me, I practiced a bit on the handwriting and had mess-ups, but then realized it doesn’t have to look perfect!
Red Velvet Valentine's Day Cakes
yield: 13 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
total time: 35 MINUTES
Individual cakes served up in to go containers with melted candy "LOVE" toppers.
For the cake:
- 15.25 oz. red velvet cake mix (or cake mix of choice)
- 5 eggs
- 2/3 cups butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
For cake decorating:
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
Extra tips for making these Valentine’s Day cakes:
- Baking time could vary a little. They took a little longer than baking cupcakes. The loaf cakes are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- If you want to bake a full cake instead follow the baking times on the back of the box of the mix.
- You can make cupcakes instead and place the love toppers so they stand up for a more 3D effect!
- I tested making the toppers with both using a pastry tip and just clipping the end of a plastic pastry bag. Both methods worked. I am sure clipping the end of a storage bag would work too.
- I used a cake scraper tool to get the lines on top of the cake when spreading frosting.
I love how this baking project turned out!
These Valentine’s Day mini loaf cakes are beyond adorable and they taste delicious too. The cream cheese velvet cake combo is perfection. The best part is that you can customize this idea for your taste and utilize it for any holiday or occasion. The mini loaf tins come in various colors, so the possibilities are endless!