I Tried All This New Clothing for FREE at Home with Amazon Prime Wardrobe (and You Can Too!)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
We’re shopping for brighter days ahead! ☀️
While the thought of going anywhere in some cute new outfits is something most of us can’t fathom right now, it doesn’t mean planning ahead for the day we can all go to our favorite places again should be on hold. 🙌(Did you know all of these stores are closed right now?) 😱
Whether you’re social distancing, an essential employee and still going to work, or just want to spruce up some staple pieces in your closet, Amazon Prime Wardrobe is still safely delivering all of the goods to you. 👏
And did I mention it doesn’t cost you anything to try it?…
Before I jump in, I first and foremost, wanted to inform all of our readers that we took steps to ensure your safety and concerns during this time.
According to Amazon Customer Service, each item is carefully packaged in a sealed, ready to ship plastic bag. NO items that are returned and have been tried on by other customers are being sent out at this time. Additionally, all items that are returned go through a decontamination process, however, we received no word on what will be happening with those items.
Without further ado, here’s everything you need to know about Amazon Prime Wardrobe…
Exclusively available to Amazon Prime customers, Amazon Prime Wardrobe offers you a convenient way to shop for clothes, shoes, jewelry, and accessories. Not to mention, it’s a much safer alternative than going to the stores that are still open right now.
Try on beautiful new pieces, buy them, or send them back all without leaving your own home or spending a dime! In fact, you can order up to 8 items at once. 🙌
Since I hadn’t really heard much buzz about Amazon Prime Wardrobe, I was excited to try it out and share my experience with you!
But…I was slightly worried how well this was actually going to work out because I’m so picky about clothes! 😬
So I wondered how will I really like the perks of trying things on at home? Plus, I like to see and feel the selection of clothes at the store (which we obviously can’t do anymore). And of course, I was worried that I’d be stuck with clothes that I didn’t even like. 🤷♀️
Gosh, I miss shopping at the mall! 😣
Not a Prime Member yet? Check out these 20 other reasons you’ll love being apart of Amazon Prime!
First, I headed over to Amazon.com to check out Prime Wardrobe.
Hip Tip: If you’re not one to browse endless options online, you can also save time by trying out a Personal Shopper with Prime Wardrobe. It’s simple and a great way to have someone else curate a new haul of clothes for you to try on. Plus, you’ll get to approve everything before it ships!
Note that if you want to use this Personal Shopper service, you will be charged a styling membership fee of $4.99 per month.
Next, add the items you want to try to your cart.
It’s really that easy! With spring already here and summer quickly approaching, I decided to stick with staple pieces that I can mix and match any way I want. Here’s what I ended up picking (from left to right):
- Daily Ritual – Jersey Drop-Shoulder Short-Sleeve Scoop-Neck Shirt
- Amazon Brand – Sateen Mid-Rise Skinny Ankle Pant
- Goodthreads – Tencel Boyfriend Shirt
- Daily Ritual – Jersey Sleeveless Boxy Mock-Neck Shirt
- find. – Ribbed Split Tunic
And per usual, Amazon Prime shipped everything super fast so I didn’t have to wait long to try out my haul.
Finally, once your order arrives it’s time for a fashion show!
Note that typical Prime Wardrobe shipping may take as long as 4-6 business days and with COVID-19 procedures in full effect orders could take even longer while they continue to mail essential purchases before anything else.
However, I still received mine in about a week! Impressive! 👏It was so fun to try everything on at home and it totally beats the hassle of rushing in and out of a fitting room and multiple stores.
I really love all of the Amazon brands – I even recently tried this spring dress that I’m obsessed with! In my opinion, you can’t beat the convenience and low prices compared to the quality…and you get to try them for free at home – can’t beat that!
With great prices, I also received all clothes in amazing condition. The materials for everything exceeded my expectations like Amazon brands have been doing since I first tried them back in the fall.
The good news…
If you don’t like something, you can easily return it for FREE! Your entire order will come in a resealable shipping bag or box with an adhesive prepaid return label, so all I had to do was let Amazon know that I didn’t like something within the 7-day try-on period and then drop off the return shipment at a UPS location or schedule a pick up. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
Let’s recap why I Amazon Prime Wardrobe!
- It’s FREE to try.
- Saves you time since you avoid going to a store.
- No hassle with dressing rooms.
- You can carefully select your clothes from the comfort of your home.
- You get happy mail (i.e. something other than bills in the mail!).
- It limits impulsive spending at the store.
- Delivery is fast.
- You get 7 whole days to try on your clothes (note that the 7-day try-on period begins once all the items in your order arrive).
- You only pay for what you want.
- The returns are FREE and easy
All that said, there are a couple of things I didn’t totally love…
- The clothes can get pricey. Sure it’s great to online shop, but I did notice that a significant amount of the clothing can get pretty expensive and if you’re not careful, you can easily run up your cart total. I also didn’t spot many sale items so you will likely be paying full price.
- Sizes tend to be unavailable. I found items that I liked but then noticed that a lot of sizes were sold out. This caused me to miss out on the opportunity to try on items I may have really loved.
- You can’t just order 1 item. Unfortunately, if you’ve had your eye on just one item, you can only place a Prime Wardrobe order with a minimum of 2 items (regardless of the cost).
Here’s what my team member, Jami, said about her Amazon Prime Wardrobe experience:
“I’m really busy during the week so the last thing I want to do on the weekend is to spend my time driving store to store trying on clothes – which normally also means my daughter is in tow. I also love that I can spend time at home carefully selecting items that go well together. This also gives me more time to really think about my purchases and inevitably prevents impulsive spending.”
Want to try it for yourself?
Head over to Amazon Prime Wardrobe and try it for FREE!
I just tried 5 pairs of these glasses & sunnies for FREE too! 😍