The 3 Best Steam Mops to Buy (and 1 That’s the Worst!)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Want a healthier, eco-friendly way to clean your floors?
While there are so many ways to clean hardwood floors and spot clean carpets, one of my favorite ways to clean is with a steam mop. Here are the best and the worst steam mops, along with the pros and cons of each.
The best steam mops available:
Buy it on Amazon | $119.99
Here’s why we love it:
- Removes 99.9% of common household bacteria with no chemical residue left behind.
- Works great on sealed hardwood floors.
- Unique dual-sided Dirt Grip Pads clean & sanitize efficiently, are designed to trap dirt, and are super absorbent for faster floor drying times.
- Touch-Free Technology so you never have to touch a dirty mop pad again.
- Steam Blaster feature attacks tough messes.
- Intelligent Steam Control with 3 different settings.
- Lightweight and easy to handle.
“This mop is extremely easy to assemble and get up and running. I tried it on my dining room hardwood and was FLOORED! Pun intended. 😉 I also used it on my ceramic tile in the basement. Holy wow! It took paint off the floor that had been sitting for over a year from the old owners! I thought I’d have to get paint thinner since soap & water and other scrubbing tools did nothing! I hit a spot that I hadn’t touched before and it came right up! You will love this mop if you’re considering it!” – Connie ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Buy it on Amazon | $89
Here’s why we love it:
- Kills 99.9% of germs without any harsh chemicals.
- It can be used on sealed hardwood, ceramic, linoleum, tile, granite, and marble.
- Spot Boost brush helps removes tough, sticky messes.
- It comes with a convenient measuring cup for refilling the water tank.
- Digital Steam Control with short 30-second warm-up time has high or low steam settings, depending on your cleaning needs.
- Built-in scent disc tray leaves a refreshing scent in your home.
- Lightweight and easy to store.
“I clean my floors regularly so when they’re not clean I tend to panic until they are. Before I owned this magical device, I slept like a baby thinking my floors were clean. Then I received this beautiful steam mop as a gift and my world changed. My old mop, whom I TRUSTED, lied to me all those years.
I used this steamer immediately after sweeping and Swiffering my floors with the wet cloths, just to see if it would make a difference and the pad was BLACK with dirt after steaming the first floor. If you want an easy way to have cleaner floors, this product is a must buy!” – Erin ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Buy it on Amazon | $84.24
Here’s why we love it:
- It sanitizes your floors and removes 99.9% of germs and bacteria.
- The built-in scrubber allows you to easily clean tough and sticky messes.
- Has a convenient steam control from low, medium, or high.
- It comes with 2 microfiber mop pads.
- It also comes with 2 fragrance discs that add a fresh scent to your home when cleaning.
- The mop pads are machine washable.
- Comes with a limited 2-year warranty.
“I was ready to rip my tile floor up. The tiles have small crevices and the only way I could get out the dirt was with a scrub brush – AND on my hands and knees. This was a back-breaking chore. Then I took a chance on one more steam mop. I tried Bissell. The angels sang. Wow. I can keep my floor and have a product that works to keep it clean. Grandchildren, 4 cats, and 3 dogs – bring it on! I’ve got this now.” – Elizabeth ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
The worst steam mop:
Available on Amazon | $62.78
Steam mops are supposed to make cleaning easier and clean messy spills efficiently. Even though this steam mop has over 2,000 five-star reviews on Amazon, in Consumer Reports testing, this mop scored an underwhelming 9 out of 100. 😱
Here are the reasons not to love it:
- Very poor cleaning results during testing.
- Lacks a motorized pump and you have to manually pump for steam constantly.
- Has a short cord not suitable for larger spaces. The cord is 5 feet shorter than our other highly-rated steam mops.
“This steam mop does NOTHING. The cleaning pads do not have a strong Velcro, and after a few uses, they refuse to stay on. The mop itself just heats up and produced steam, giving the illusion that it is cleaning, but it is not. I vacuum before using this product in order to eliminate dust and hair, but this mop just wets the dirt and pushes it around. I always end up having to clean the dirt from the floor using my hands. It does not pick up any dirt. All it does is make the floor slippery and hot. Do not buy this product.” – Chelsey