Make Gooey Cinnamon Monkey Bread Right In Your Crockpot Slow Cooker!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Treat your family to this delicious Crock-Pot idea!
Consider baking yummy Crockpot monkey bread using store-bought biscuit dough as a special breakfast or dessert idea. It’s super convenient and fun to make using a slow cooker.
Crockpot Monkey Bread tastes like a combo of sticky buns and cinnamon rolls!
In case you haven’t experienced monkey bread before, it’s a soft and sticky sweet pastry dish baked using small pieces of dough dipped in cinnamon and sugar. It’s an idea that’s adaptable to taste, so there are lots of variations and add-ins like nuts and raisins to consider.
For this Crockpot recipe, I am making a basic 5-ingredients version with some walnuts that are yummy, but totally optional if you’d prefer yours to be nut-free.
I’ve also finished it with a simple cream cheese drizzle that is optional as well. It’s sweet enough on its own, but the cream cheese frosting makes this Crockpot monkey bread over the top delicious!
A few recipe tips to keep in mind when making Crockpot Monkey Bread:
- Pillsbury Grands biscuit dough works great for monkey bread. I love how flaky and puffy it gets and it’s so delicious with cinnamon and sugar!
- The baking time could vary a little depending on how hot your Crockpot slow cooker runs, so check towards the end of cook time to be sure it doesn’t burn (2 hours and 45 minutes seems to be perfect using my slow cooker).
- Keep this delicious bread warm and gooey using the warm setting on the slow cooker while waiting to serve. Such a great perk of “baking” in the Crockpot!
Crockpot Monkey Bread
yield: 8 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 2 HOURS 45 MINUTES
total time: 3 HOURS
Warm gooey cinnamon sugar bites of flaky dough pastry made using the Crockpot for convenience.
For the Monkey Bread:
- 16.3 oz package of flaky biscuit dough (such as Pillsbury Grands 8-count)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (*optional)
Cream Cheese Glaze (optional):
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- splash of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
This tastes like it came from a fancy bakery!
My family loved this idea, in fact my teen son tried to take off with the whole Crock-Pot like we wouldn’t notice! LOL!
Plus, you save yourself from the heat (and some money on your cooling bill) by avoiding having to turn on the oven for this recipe.