Make 5 Weeknight Meals for Under $50 | Free Meal Plan & Printable Grocery List
Need some budget-friendly and easy weeknight meal ideas?
Well, you’re in luck! I have created a FREE printable meal plan with five easy weeknight family recipe ideas that should cost you just under $50 (possibly less if you already have some of these pantry staples!). Note that prices may vary slightly by location.
I have even created a printable shopping list for you! Or, if you’re like me and love shopping for groceries in your pajamas, you can click through the links on our grocery list here and add all of the ingredients to your Walmart Grocery cart for a quick and easy pickup order. Not familiar with Walmart Grocery Pickup? Check out why we love using this grocery pickup service here.
The five featured meals are a few of my family’s fall favorites and I think your family will enjoy them as well.
This yummy 5-ingredient meal comes together easily and is the definition of comfort food. I have used a rotisserie chicken for convenience in this meal and in the white bean chili featured below.
Cost of entire meal: $6.60 via Walmart.com
- refrigerated pie crusts, 2-count
- 12 oz. canned chicken, or cooked shredded chicken
- 14 oz. can mixed vegetables, drained
- 10 3/4 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Get a warm and comforting meal on the table in a snap with this yummy sausage and potato dish. It has a buttery broth and the sausage seasons the potatoes and green beans nicely, for a delicious stew-like meal.
Cost of entire meal: $11.28 via Walmart.com
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 a yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds red potatoes, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning, or to taste
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 12 oz. packaged smoked sausage or kielbasa, sliced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
This delicious chili is perfect for cold weather, is full of deep flavor, and can be compiled for an easy one-pot meal or a convenient slow cooker meal.
Cost of entire meal: $10.59 via Walmart.com
- 4 cups shredded & cooked chicken (about 1.5 pounds chicken breasts)
- 3- 15.5 oz cans of Great Northern Beans
- 14.5 oz can chicken broth
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz. small can of diced chilies
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, chopped and seeded (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp clove
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
You won’t need a seasoning packet with this yummy and crowd-pleasing homemade Sloppy Joe recipe. It’s a quick and easy meal my kids love so much and request often.
Cost of entire meal: $12.28 via Walmart.com
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup water
- salt & pepper to taste
- buns/rolls for serving
- Suggested side dish: Fresh green salad
Take taco night to the next level by incorporating mac and cheese for a cheesy twist on this family fav! The clever combination of taco meat with cheesy noodles is so delicious, and such an easy dish to prepare. There are never leftovers as everyone cleans their plate!
Cost of meal: $7.42 via Walmart.com
- 2 boxes mac and cheese, prepared
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- 15 oz. can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 10 oz. can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies, drained
Subtotal in Groceries from Walmart.com: $47.99 🎉
Want to save even more? Check out the latest Walmart Grocery promo codes!