Make Homemade Ham and Cheese Hot Pockets Using the Air Fryer
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Need an easy air fryer meal or snack idea?
You’ve gotta check out these simple ham and cheese hot pockets created from my favorite 2-ingredient dough recipe! It’s a quick idea anyone can accomplish, and the fact that I can throw these in my favorite kitchen appliance- the air fryer, is the BEST part!
Did you know that you can make tasty homemade dough using just plain Greek yogurt and self-rising flour? It’s such a handy shortcut to know about because there’s no yeast needs or any other special ingredients! I’ve demonstrated how to make air fryer bagels, and also air fryer bagel dogs in previous posts using this dough.
Anyone with hungry teens at their house?! 🙋♀️
If your family likes Hot Pockets, this recipe tastes so much better in my opinion! I’ve shared in the past that my kids can actually make plenty of frozen pre-made snacks and meals on their own using our air fryer, so it’s nice to have a homemade ham and cheese hot pocket recipe to make now, too.
- Don’t feel like making the 2 ingredient homemade dough? I’m sure puff pastry from the freezer section, refrigerated pie crust, pizza dough, or crescent rolls would all be great as a homemade dough substitute instead!
- Don’t own an air fryer? Use the oven instead and bake them at 400 degrees for about 18-20 minutes until dough is cooked and browned.
- You can make your own self-rising flour by following these directions. For each cup of all-purpose flour, add 2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- I’m pretty sure any meat and cheese combination would work, too! Consider turkey and cheese, or stuff them with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and a little tomato sauce for a pizza version- YUM!
- This could be a yummy make-ahead freezer meal idea. Make a bunch of these, wrap them, and freeze for the next time someone wants a Hot Pocket. Then warm one up in the air fryer straight from the freezer. Genius, right?!
Easy Air Fryer Ham and Cheese Hot Pockets
yield: 5 SERVINGS
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
Enjoy these cheesy ham pockets with a 2 ingredient homemade dough!
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups 0% fat greek yogurt (such as Fage)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped diced ham
- 1 egg, beaten
Homemade Hot Pockets are the BEST!
These are so good. I love the melted cheese with the dough – YUM! The air fryer gives food such a great crisp on the outside texture, including these ham and cheese pockets. My family really enjoyed these, and I’m so excited to also try making a pizza pocket, and any other meat and cheese combo we can come up with!