Did You Know About This Awesome Costco Price Adjustment Policy?
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Use Costco’s price adjustment policy to make sure you always get the best price in-warehouse or online!
Try this Costco shopping tip!
It’s no secret that Costco is one of our favorite places to score amazing deals (and amazing sheet cake 😋), but did you know there’s a hack for saving even more?
When you purchase an item at Costco, you have up to 30 days to request a price adjustment if the price goes down. So if you buy something and it happens to go on sale less than a month later, you’re in luck!
*Note that this policy can vary and adjustments are made a the sole discretion of each location.
Here’s what she said about Costco’s price adjustment policy:
“I purchased a coat for my son from Costco.com and paid $39.99, but not long after, it was on sale for $32.99 (that was the online price–I don’t know if it was on sale in the store). I just filled out the form online here and received the email a couple days later that I was refunded the $7 difference. It is seriously the most amazing service that they offer!” – Angie
The best part? Costco will honor the price adjustment policy even during the holidays!
While we’re way past the 2021 holiday shopping season, it’s good to keep in mind that you can request reimbursement at any time–even during Black Friday!
A lot of other retailers tend to suspend price-match guarantees around that time, so it’s awesome that Costco gives people the opportunity to not miss out on big markdowns. 🙌
Want to try it out yourself?
Requesting a price adjustment through Costco is simple, just note that online purchases can’t be reimbursed in-warehouse. You’ll need to fill out this form online or call them at 1 (800) 774-2678.
Here’s what to do for online purchases:
- First, grab your receipt (if possible) since it might be handy to have it while entering information.
- Then head over to Costco’s Price Adjustment Form, enter your information (including your purchase price & the new lower price), and select “Submit”.
- Wait 3-5 days to receive your refund notification.
And that’s it for online purchases! If you bought an item in-warehouse, you’ll need to visit the membership counter at the Costco location from which you made the purchase. Luckily, you can now view receipts in the Costco app to make the process even easier!
Note: If you purchased an item on Costco.com, you can only request an adjustment for the price listed online and not the in-warehouse price.
Costco’s generous price adjustment policy isn’t the only reason to get a membership!
If you have a Costco location nearby but haven’t gotten a membership yet, you may be missing out on tons of money-saving benefits! Right now, they’re also offering a limited-time $10 or $30 shop card w/ new membership purchases. 🤩
Here are some other reasons to become a Costco shopper:
- Executive Members get cash back on purchases. Costco’s higher-tier membership is pricier, but you may find the 2% cash back you receive on Costco purchases worth the extra expense.
- Get a discount on select services. You can find everything from identity protection to truck rentals offered through Costco for great prices.
- All members can use Costco Travel. Several Hip teammates have used Costco Travel services and loved it (+ Executive Members get cash back on that too)!
- Members can purchase some of Costco’s Unexpected Items. You may find something you never knew you needed. 😉