How to Freeze Soup: BEST Way to Easily Reheat Soup & Sauces Later
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Save earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
We figured out how to freeze soup in the most convenient way!
Make soup now and reheat later.
Check out this genius way to freeze soups that will allow you to easily heat up a warm single-serving meal whenever you’d like! This technique is super convenient to make the soup ahead, freeze, and reheat later. This is also perfect for any leftovers.
This is a great solution if you want to grab a bowl of homemade soup to warm up without reheating the entire pot. And of course, this idea can work with other meals such as chili, casseroles, and homemade sauces.
Silicone trays to the rescue!
I used a silicone muffin pan to freeze this food, but we also found some Souper Cubes freezer trays that are specifically designed for this method! But if you don’t want to shell out, check out the slightly cheaper silicone freezer tray option. If you are using a muffin tray, after the soup is solid, transfer it to a Ziplock bag to take up less space in the freezer.
Hip tips for freezing soup:
- Make sure you clear up some space in your freezer before placing the tray in. After the soup is frozen, it’ll be much easier to store as you can transfer them to small Ziplock bags!
- If you’re using a silicone tray, consider placing it on a flat cookie sheet first to make it stable and avoid spills in the freezer
- For soup larger than one serving size, you can use a large Ziplock bag to fill and freeze the soup flat, and then break into pieces before reheating.
- Using mason jars is another great hack that we recommend!
BEST Way to Freeze Soups & Sauces
yield: 1 SERVINGS
Enjoy leftovers and easily accessible meals with this freezing technique.
- silicone muffin pan (or silicone freezer tray)
- soup of your choice
Check out these popular Hip2Save soup recipes that are freezer-friendly: