Target Coupons & Promo Codes
Page 2 of 864
Target Coupons & Promo Codes
Target coupons, promo codes, and deals make it easy to save over 60% or more all the time - not just during Black Friday or Cyber Monday! They always offer the hottest sales that can often be stacked with additional discounts and online promo codes to save you even more. The Target weekly ad is also filled with sales on thousands of items, from groceries to clothing, cosmetics, toys, games, small kitchen appliances, home decor, and more.
Target offers lots of ways to save, like with their Circle rewards loyalty program and their branded Target REDcard! Plus, many locations even offer a CVS/Pharmacy and optical center. We also think these Target Brand Items are better AND cheaper than name brands.
We're here to help you save money at Target with all their current coupons and promo codes, plus all the weekly sales and deals. Check Hip2Save often for the latest offers.Target as they offer up lots of fantastic deals! BUT, you’ll definitely want to know how to use your coupons correctly and know what to look for while shopping to get the best bang for your buck. Whether you're a new or seasoned Target shopper, check out these tips first...
1. Know the Target markdown schedule.Most Target stores follow a schedule where they mark down certain departments for clearance on specific days. Knowing the schedule before stepping foot in store can help you find the best deals, but keep in mind that the markdown schedule may vary by store, so be sure to ask your local store about their schedule.
Here's just one possible markdown schedule...
- Monday: Electronics, Kids' & Baby Clothing, Stationery/Office Supplies
- Tuesday: Women’s and Juniors Clothing, Domestics
- Wednesday: Men’s Clothing, Food, Health & Beauty, Lawn & Garden, Furniture, Laundry
- Thursday: Toys, Pets, Housewares, Lingerie/ Sleepwear, Athletic Apparel, Shoes, Sporting Goods, Paper Goods, Decor, Luggage
- Friday: Auto, Scarves, Cosmetics, Jewelry, Hardware
2. Download the Target app to score digital coupons and Target Circle offers.The Target App (for iOS or Android) now has Circle offers and a Wallet feature, making it easy to save and pay while on your Target Run. The Target App helps you plan your trip, save on your list, shop and order from anywhere, and save and pay in one place with the new Wallet tab.
You can also use the Target App to search the entire online Target and in-store product selection to easily find coupons, deals, weekly ad sales, availability, aisle location, and ordering options - you can even scan product barcodes in-store to see if something’s on sale or has a Circle offer!
3. Browse the Target clearance endcaps FIRST.Clearance, clearance, clearance! If you're looking for the best bargains, be sure to browse the shelves at the ends of the aisles that have red "Clearance" signs. Most of the clearance endcaps are facing the store walls (not those located down the main walking aisles) and are often filled with various items that have been marked down from 15% to 70% off. Plus, they can make for sweeter deals when paired with coupons and occasional Circle Offers that do not exclude clearance!
4. Watch for YELLOW clearance tags at Target.Clearance items will first get marked down by 15% or 30%, then to 50% off, and finally to 70% or 90% off. These items now have a yellow “clearance” sticker that shows the regular price, the clearance price, the 9-digit DCPI item number and the percentage of the markdown in the top right-hand corner.
Check the small number in the top right corner of the price tag. If it says "50", it's been marked to 50% off, if it says "70", it’s been marked down to 70% off, etc. The only exception is holiday or seasonal merchandise, which can go as high as 90% off (the code will be "90" in the corner).
Note that some clearance items no longer reflect the percent discount in the upper corner.
5. Check inventory before making a special trip to Target.Before you spend time packing up the kiddos and spend money driving over to your local Target to snag a possible clearance deal, consider using an Inventory Checker to see if your store has any in stock and what the current price is.
NOTE: Sometimes these inventory systems can be wrong due to theft, loss, and other circumstances, so it's always best to call your local store and ask them to hold an item for you.
6. Look for Target gift card promos and stackable coupons to save even more!Promotions to watch for while shopping or while flipping through the weekly ads are Target's Gift Card deals. These gift card promotions may last for a week, month, or even longer and may even be posted inside the store but not in the circular – so you'll want to be on the lookout!
PLUS, you can use manufacturer's coupons, Circle offers, and rebate offers on gift card promos to sweeten them even further!
NOTE - Target now adjusts down any coupons if your out-of-pocket cost will be LOWER after coupons than the gift card you are getting back. That means you can't score money-makers on gift card offers as the coupons/offers will be adjusted down to the amount of the gift card offer.
7. Take advantage of Target REDcard perks.Target’s REDcard is an easy way to save more on Target purchases. It offers 5% off at the register on your entire bill, free shipping on every order at Target.com and an extra 30 days to return items.
Don't like the idea of having a credit card? Consider signing up for the Debit card instead of the credit version for the same perks, no annual fee and no credit check required. The Debit card is tied to your existing checking account so you can also withdraw up to $40 at checkout in-store.
8. Stack the savings at Target.Target lets you stack multiple coupons, as well as use your Target REDcard for increased savings. According to their coupon policy, they allow using one manufacturer coupon, one Target store coupon (paper or digital), and one Circle offer per item, unless prohibited by coupon. In addition, Target often releases threshold or category coupons (i.e. $10 off $40 pet care purchase) that can also be used together with other coupons for specific items ($1/1 Purina product).
9. Make sure to shop the seasonal clearance sales at Target to save up to 90%.
Stock up for future holidays by shopping a few days or weeks after the holiday has passed. The day after the holiday, select items will be reduced by 50% off (usually only 30% off for candy and grocery items). BUT, if you wait 7 to 10 days, products could drop to 70% off. Then, three to five days later, the remaining inventory will eventually drop to 90% off!
Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for "hidden" seasonal deals throughout the entire store, not just the Clearance sections! You can often find clearance prices on unmarked items in the grocery aisles, clothing section, and other departments. If you spot a seasonal item mixed in with regular items, be sure to scan it at the price checker to see if it is on sale.
10. Bring your own shopping bag to Target for a discount.5¢ for every single bag used at checkout. It’s not a huge money-saver but it can add up, especially if you're making a large grocery purchase.
11. Know the Target Price Match Guarantee.Target will adjust your payment to the lower price.
Target will even price match a total of 27 online competitors listed here – including Amazon.com, SamsClub.com, SportsAuthority.com, Walmart.com and even Ulta.com. Plus, you can price match both at your local Target store AND online at Target.com (excluding clearance and other promotions). Also, price matches and adjustments to competitors will not be allowed for prices from Thanksgiving Day through the entire week after Thanksgiving.
View the Target Price Match Policy. It's also a great idea to print a copy of the policy to bring with you to the store in case the cashier/manager has any questions.
12. Sign up for a Baby, Wedding, and/or College Registry for freebies, coupons, and other perks.
Whenever you sign up for a Baby, College, or Wedding registry and add items to your list, you’ll often get coupons or discounts for shopping from your list. For a Wedding registry, you will receive two 15% off completion coupon offers for the items remaining on your registry. You will also receive four 15% off friends and family coupons two weeks after creating your registry to share for in-store shopping and a discount code for one online order.Whenever you complete a Baby Registry, you can then head in store to score a FREE Welcome Gift filled with coupons, freebies and more – valued at $50! Plus, 8 weeks prior to your event date, you'll receive a 15% off completion coupon offer for the items remaining on your registry and a coupon for in-store shopping, a discount code for one online order, and 4 friends and family coupons.
13. Get a 1-Year Satisfaction Guarantee on Target brand items.
If you’re not satisfied with any Target Owned Brand item (such as Archer Farms, Cat & Jack, Market Pantry, up & up, Xhilaration, and others listed here), you can return it within one year with a receipt for an exchange or a full refund. Plus, REDcard Debit and Credit cardholders will receive an extra 30 days to return nearly all items purchased with their REDcard at Target and Target.com.
If you don't have a receipt, they can look up your receipt whenever you bring your item, government-issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license), and the method of payment used to the Guest Service desk within the return window allowed for that item.
Even though Target always seems to offer some of the best coupons and savings around as we discussed above, we also know it's easy to spend hundreds of dollars there that you didn't mean to spend. 😬
Here's how to Combat The Money Spending Black Hole at Target!
We've all been there — you walked into Target to pick up a bottle of shampoo (and maybe even some conditioner if it's on sale). You're on your way to the checkout line. Somehow along the way, you ended up with a cart filled with everything from groceries to a new bookshelf, a beautiful throw pillow, and a puppy (okay, maybe not the puppy).
We all know that Target trips can lead to overspending, so here are some ways to keep your Target spending in check.
1. Skip the Bullseye Playground when shopping at Target.Have you ever fallen victim to Target's Bullseye Playground (formerly the Dollar Spot)? We sure have! It's so easy to get sucked in given its proximity to the entrance and allure of $1 items. You may think a dollar here and there couldn't possibly hurt your checkout total, but if you actually look at the prices, most items are well over $1, ranging from $3-5! We say skip right past this section (or at least set a limit on how many items you'll purchase from it).
"The Target trance is a real thing and goes something like this - Collin walks into Target for toilet paper and detergent. Collin smells popcorn. Collin gets popcorn at the Target cafe because popcorn smells good at all times of the day. Collin tries to bypass the dollar area at the front of the store, but Collin notices those lovely clearance tags. Collin stops to look and somehow items have appeared in her cart. Collin heads to the household area, but her cart steers her over to the apparel section. Collin all of a sudden is on her phone adding apparel Cartwheel offers. Collin now has apparel items in her cart. Collin forgets why she came to Target and is browsing clearance end caps. Collin is finally checking out, 5 hours later. Collin spends $500. Collin goes home and is not happy when she heads to the toilet to pee. Collin realizes what she missed on her Target list. The end." — Collin
2. Use Target Drive Up & Still Use Coupons!Not only is the Target Drive Up service crazy convenient, but it helps you avoid adding unnecessary items to your cart since your shopper will only pick up what's on your list (and you can still use coupons!). All you have to do is place your order in the Target app, arrive when it's ready, and a Target associate will bring it out to your car. Easy peasy!
3. Make solo Target trips.It's hard to stick to a list when you've got kids, spouses, friends, or family either encouraging you to buy that adorable tray for your kitchen or just throwing what they want into the cart. Head in alone with your coupons in tow to avoid the distraction and stay on target (pun intended). 😆
"I try to have tunnel vision and just get my items, or else I will overspend for sure. My husband on the other hand overspends every time he goes there with my daughter. They go in for one thing and come out with half the toy aisle. And now that he knows how to use the Cartwheel offers, it's all over. In fact, he's there right now with my daughter. She needed white gloves for a Christmas thing they're doing at school tomorrow. I'm cringing to see what they end up coming back with." — Jessica
4. Purchase online only with Target coupons.You can't buy it if you don't see it, right? If you know what you need and your products will ship for free, try ordering your Target necessities online. This way you avoid browsing the aisles and adding more "stuff" to your cart, but you can still use Target Circle offers and coupons. And if you can't get free shipping to your home, see if they can be shipped to store or just picked up at customer service.
Hip Tip: Apply for a Target REDcard credit card or debit card to score so many great perks, including free 2-day shipping on most items on Target.com (no minimum purchase!), an extra 5% when you pay with your REDcard and more!
5. Set a contingency rule when shopping at Target.I'm not trying to bash on picking up a few extra things here and there because Target does have some pretty great sales, promo codes, and coupons! To keep yourself in check, though - make a shopping rule before you hit the store, like clearance items you find must be at least 50% off or under $10. You can also set a limit on how many extras you're allowed to add to your cart. It's the best of both worlds as you score a deal – but without going over your limit.
6. Take a picture, and get it next time with a possible coupon.Good things come to those who wait. Something my mom always taught me, "If you're meant to have it, it will be there next time." For those products you're on the fence about, give yourself some time to mull it over, plus it could end up going on sale or a coupon may become available. If you still want it next time you're in the store (and it's still in stock!), put your found treasure in the cart!
7. Only shop with Target Circle offers & coupons.Similar to setting a rule, make a plan to shop only from the list of Target Circle rewards and coupons. With helpful tools like the nearby Circle offers in the Target app, you can keep on track based on your current location in the store.
8. Place it in your Target cart, then put it back (unless you have a coupon).Akin to taking a picture of an item and coming back to it later, an opposite (but still effective) approach is to spark the excitement of owning the item – but without actually making the purchase (and no, I'm NOT talking about shoplifting). So how does that work?
"If I see something in the store that I really want, I put it in my cart, and then I finish up my shopping. Before checking out, I hold the item and I look at it again. Is the thrill of ownership still there, or was I just excited to put it into my cart? Nine times out of ten, I end up returning the item to the shelf or rack - especially if I have no coupon or other way to save on it. The brief amount of time I owned it in the store was enough to spark joy for me. On the rare occasion I buy the item, I knew it was the right choice." — Jamie
Now you've got all the tools to shop and save big at Target!