Hip2Save’s 2019 Year-in-Review — Our Most Popular Content of the Year!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
As my sweet Ma would say “Life is beautiful”.
My grandmother known as “Ma” taught me to live life to the fullest, to laugh often, to dance whenever and wherever possible, and to never take any days for granted. I also learned so much from her about being comfortable and confident in my own skin… and letting my authentic self shine – that’s what I’m going to be doing more of in 2020 and I hope you’ll join me! 🙌
So long, 2019! We’ve got 2020 ahead of us, so we’re using our 20/20 vision to look back on the last 12 months.
This year, we’ve had almost 149 million views on the site, nearly 25k posts, and generated over 210k comments. We were the busiest on November 29th (hello, Black Friday!) with over 1.1 million page views!
We’re so appreciative of our Hip2Save community and how much you’ve engaged with us during 2019!
Here are our 2019 highlights!
Highs & Lows
- High: Stetson brought his A-game to spread deals and cheer — Have you caught any of Stetson’s hilarious Facebook Lives? He was on a mission this year to show up, shoot fun videos, and, of course, spread some smiles!
- High: We said, “See ya, cable!” and “Hellooooo Disney+” — Bryn, Lina, and more members of our team reduced their cable costs or cut the cord all together with their cable provider resulting in huge monthly savings! Luckily, Disney+ was also released this year and even had a sweet deal for Verizon Unlimited members score a year for FREE!
- Low: Even though it meant store liquidation sales, many of our favorite retailers announced closing plans this year — These brands shut down shop or closed many of their stores this year, including Charming Charlie, Charlotte Russe, Dress Barn, Forever 21 (300 stores closed, both nationally and internationally), Game Stop (at least 180 stores closed), Gymboree & Crazy 8, and Shopko (250 stores closed).
The deals that were simply too good to pass up, as suggested by our team members who actually bought them! Note that these hot buys are no longer available.
Hottest deal: 🧖♀️ Revlon One Step Hair Volumizer, Only $28.79 at Target
This is hands down our team’s favorite beauty appliance! And at this price, it was a no brainer to click “add to cart”!
Other insanely hot deals our team (and many of you!) scored in 2019:
- Bath & Body Works Annual Candle Day Sale
- Cubii Pro Under Desk Elliptical Just $249 Shipped at Amazon (Regularly $349)
- Compact Insignia Air Fryer Only $24.99 at Best Buy (Regularly $80)
- Keurig K-Cafe Coffee Maker AND Milk Frother Only $109.99 Shipped (Best Price Ever)
- Amazon Smart Plug Only 99¢ (Regularly $25) | Select Accounts
- FREE Diono Stroller ($550 Value) w/ Car Seat Purchase
- FREE Calm App Paid Subscription for Teachers – $60 Value
- 50% Off Hydro Flask Tumblers
- $50 Off $100 Holiday Purchase at Target
Your favorite frugal tips, tricks, and hacks to make life a bit easier and save you some money!
Most loved: Why We Love Cooking With an Air Fryer
Is there anything the Air Fryer can’t do?! Lina shared some amazing tips for cooking perfect snacks and meals using the Air Fryer.
Other popular tips:
The delicious dishes that had you saying, “seconds, please!”
Most craved: 25 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes
Meals couldn’t be easier thanks to the trusty Crock-Pot! And with this roundup, you’ll have nearly a month’s worth of slow cooker meal ideas.
Other popular recipes of 2019:
Top Personal Posts from Collin
The stories I shared (though I did feel quite vulnerable) to shed some light on my past financial struggles and just what I’ve been up to throughout the year.
Here’s to an exciting year ahead!
We can’t wait to see what’s in store for us in 2020 and hope you will continue on with us into the new year feeling invigorated for more deals, tips, recipes, DIYs, and so much more!
See you in 2020! 🎉