20 of the Best Fall Soup Recipes for Those Chilly Autumn Nights
We’re sharing some of our very best fall soup recipes – perfect for chilly weather!
Colder weather is upon us, and it’s putting us in the mood for some yummy, home-cooked soups. Cozy sweaters and comfort food – that’s what fall is all about, right?
We’ve rounded up our all-time favorite fall soup recipes so you can cozy up to a delicious hot lunch or a satisfying dinner any night of the week. Enjoy!
Hip tip: Prepare a batch of soup and freeze it in mason jars for an easy make-ahead meal!
1. Use your Crockpot to make this Slow Cooker Wild Rice Soup.
This wild rice soup with chicken and veggies is creamy, delicious, hearty, and it also happens to be pretty simple to make right in your slow cooker!
2. Love Wendy’s Famous Chili? Try our copycat recipe or our keto version!
We love this chili even more than Wendy’s iconic version, and somehow it’s even more delicious as leftovers on day two. Try it on a hot dog, smothered over nachos, or as a topping on your next baked potato bar!
3. This Keto Buffalo Chicken Soup is a Hip2Save & Hip2Keto team fave.
Lina made this soup for us at a team retreat years ago and we’re still talking about it! It’s so flavorful, satisfying, and delicious that you’ll totally forget it’s low carb!
4. Serve this Best Ever Lasagna Soup with crusty garlic bread. YUM!
This soup is an easy and delicious way to get all the yummy flavors of homemade lasagna without the endless layering of putting together an actual lasagna! It comes together quickly for a super comforting meal on a chilly night.
5. Your family will love this Cheesy Chicken Noodle Soup.
This rich and creamy chicken soup is every bit as comforting and delicious as it looks. Best of all, it’s a family-approved soup that even the pickiest eaters will love!
Hip tip: Try this recipe with Lina’s homemade egg noodles. It’s even easier than you think!
6. Dunk your grilled cheese sandwich into this flavorful Tomato Basil Soup.
This is one of our team’s favorite go-to soups for chilly weather or a rainy day. It’s easy to make, super satisfying, and a simple way to elevate that grilled cheese sandwich from lunch to dinner status!
7. This White Bean Chicken Chili is a flavorful twist on an old classic.
Use a rotisserie chicken or even leftover grilled chicken to make this White Bean Chicken Chili for a hearty weeknight dinner.
8. Love Panera’s Broccoli Cheddar Soup? Make this copycat version at home!
Broccoli cheddar soup is such a satisfying cold-weather meal, and Panera bread makes one of the best versions around! Try Lina’s copycat version of Panera’s Broccoli Cheddar Soup. It’s spot on!
Hip tip: Eating low carb? Try this Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup instead!
9. Make this Chicken Pot Pie Soup in your slow cooker.
This meal has all the delicious flavors of a Chicken Pot Pie in an easy-to-make soup. Missing the pie crust? Use a cookie cutter to cut one into pieces and bake to serve with this soup in place of bread or crackers. YUM!
10. Make this Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup with common pantry staples you already have on hand.
This hearty soup features black beans, chicken, corn, and fire-roasted tomatoes for a traditional Mexican flavor combination. Make a big batch, because the next-day leftovers are amazing!
Hip tip: Make this Keto Slow Cooker Chicken Salsa Soup as a carb-conscious way to satisfy your craving for Mexican flavors!
11. This Creamy Cheese Ravioli Soup is such a yummy one-pot dinner idea.
If you’re wondering what to make for dinner this week, look no further than this rich, comforting ravioli soup! It has wonderful flavors from the creamy broth, nutritious veggies, and lots of yummy mini cheese ravioli. Best of all, it’s SO easy to throw together any night of the week.
12. This Slow Cooker Pumpkin Turkey Chili is one of our favorite fall soup recipes.
If you’re looking for a unique and delicious way to incorporate pumpkin into your fall cooking, try this easy recipe to make a savory pumpkin and ground turkey chili in your slow cooker. The end result is a perfect meal for fall!
13. This Italian Tortellini Soup is a family favorite that’s SO easy to prepare.
This yummy soup features sausage and store-bought cheese tortellini for a super simple weeknight meal. It makes great leftovers too! The pasta tends to soak up the broth overnight, so just add some extra broth the next day and reheat for round two!
14. The zesty flavor of this Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup will brighten even the gloomiest day.
This soup features chicken, orzo, and vegetables as a cheerful alternative to chicken noodle soup. We love the way the lemony broth brightens the overall flavor with a zesty twist of citrus!
Hip tip: Try this genius hack for freezing soups and you’ll have perfect portions for reheating later!
15. Stuffed Pepper Soup tastes exactly like the classic comfort food!
If your family enjoys stuffed peppers, they will love this dinner idea! It features all the same flavors of the stuffed pepper filling with the peppers cut up and added right to the soup.
16. This Quick Ham and Bean Soup is a great way to use leftover ham.
If you have ham, then you can make this versatile recipe with pretty much any beans and veggies you have on hand! It’s easy to make, quickly thrown together, and delicious – the perfect weeknight meal!
17. Make this Ranch Taco Soup in your slow cooker for a hearty meal.
This flavorful soup features green chiles, crumbled beef, cilantro, diced tomatoes, and both ranch and taco seasoning for tons of flavor. You can finish it off with any of your favorite taco toppings like shredded cheese, sour cream, and jalapeños for a satisfying and easy-to-make meal your whole family will love!
Hip Tip: Head on over to Hip2Keto for a low-carb taco soup the whole family will love!
18. Baked Potato Soup is one fall soup recipe that can be made in your Instant Pot or slow cooker!
This recipe is easy enough to make on a busy weeknight but it tastes like you’ve been hard at work in the kitchen all day long. Even if you’re new to Instant Pot cooking, this would be a great meal idea to try. The result is a delicious bowl of cheesy potato soup that your entire family will love.
Hip Tip: Eating low carb or keto? Check out our Creamy Cauliflower Chowder on Hip2Keto.
19. This Savory Butternut Squash Soup beats the sweeter versions every time.
Using an immersion blender and bag of fresh, pre-cut butternut squash are two ways to make easy work of this recipe for busy weeknights!
Hip tip: Try this creamy Keto Pumpkin Soup for a carb-conscious yet filling alternative!
20. Low Carb Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana is a keto version of the classic OG soup.
This soup is so quick and simple to make at home! It swaps cauliflower for the potatoes in Olive Garden’s version, but this soup is so flavorful you’ll never miss them!
Make this easy cream of chicken soup as a flavorful alternative to the canned version!